• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS Physics P1 MCQs Preparation Thread.

Reaction score
thanks alot abcde bt still i did not got the pressure part why u minus .9 frm 1 :S thts where i am stucking
The subtraction is to find the pressure exerted by the liquid column only because you need this piece of information to figure out the height of liquid in the straw.

Reaction score
sure. in the last one about wire.................you knoe that resistence is directly proportional to length and inversely proportional to CSA, hence, since the lenth is same, but you have N number of wires, each has area of AREA/N..hence resistance of individual wores increases, but since there are N wires in paralel when we apply 1/R1 1/R2 + 1/Rn ..............it sums up to be N/RN....the N cancels and take inverse, so resistence is R.....equal
thanks a lot man!!!

Reaction score
2nkuaok.jpg
no one has solved these two yet, please can you help me with them!!!
vo98iv.jpg

Reaction score
oooohhh u just couldn't imagine how was this question a torture for me...but i finally solved it, see:
first when resolving forces...the forces acting down the inclined plane is mg sin(theta)...to get this theta..u will use the opp/hyp=sin(theta), so sin^-1(3/7)=25.4 is the angle needed...then we have the mass which is 2kg x 9.81 sin(25.4)=8.4N...this is the f0rce down the plane...the resultant force is the 8.4 - the friction force which is 5 = 3.4...then u need to get the acceleration using F=ma...so 3.4/2 = 1.7 ms^-2..and finally using the equation v^2=u^2+2as...so 2 x 1.7 x 7=23.8...v^2=23.8 and so V=4.87 and so the answer is A
Lol you wouldn't believe I did the exact same thing, but evidently made a mistake getting the 8.4N. Anyways now I did it and got it. Thank you so muuch!

Reaction score
i did the same...
2*a*s=v^2-u^2
i got 4.8785 (A) is that correct?
u must hav made some silly mistake...did u get the resultant force 3.4ms^-2?? And acceleration 1.7?
yeah now i did, thnx, and I think its correct, it has to be :D

Reaction score
Hey guys. For O/N/05 question number 34, why is the answer C not B? Since B has the highest gradient in which reciprocal of the gradient represents resistance? Thx in advance :)