• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS Physics P1 MCQs Preparation Thread.

Reaction score
can anyone plz explain me the following questions of O/N 03
Q8
Q10
Q12
Q16
Q31
Q28

Q8 answer is A because object is falling through air so accn decreases as object reaches terminal velocity

Q10 force produces accn so there must be a constant force greater than zero

Q12
using rule of relative speed of approach Ux - (-Uy) = Vx -(-Vy)

Q16
T is the largest force because it is supporting the whole door and if you notice it is close to the hinge so a large force is needed to equal moment of weight
H is the 2nd largest because it is supporting the door it is said to be the reaction force
W is the smallest as it is only the weight

Q28 Untitled.png

using equation lambda * n =d sin x

i found that 2nd order diffraction is 48.6 and question wants angle between 2 diffractions so 48.6 - 22 =26.6

Q31
[can't do it sorry :/ ]

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    9.6 KB · Views: 1
Reaction score
15 - W= FxD
8-4 =4
4= what values of F and s
so therefore assume F=2 AND s=2
no double both F and S as said in the Q.
W= 4x4 = 16
16 + initial 4 = 20J

-28 ) White light source emits light at same frequence. plus all other options are absolutely wrong.
-30) field lines go from + to -
therefore electron deflected upwards at greater angle because they have small mass.

ok thanks a lot ♥ :D
but for Q28 our teacher said that no 2 sources of light are coherent as light is made up of photons and photons arrive at different times :S

Reaction score

Q14 use moments and the pivot as the rear wheel
so 10* 30k =20x which gives 15K (B)

Q35
answer is A because in tthe question it said there are 2 resistors so as one increases in resistance it requires more voltage so voltage across other one decreases
using formula V/E=R1/R1+R2 to test values you will get something similar to graph A

and if you did question 26 can you please show your working

Reaction score
http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Physics (9702)/9702_w06_qp_1.pdf
ok i need help wd Q no 18... y do we use da last step as (160/80)*100 ?
20...umm shoulnt it be C?
21... me dont get it :(
30...umm i got B :S
plz help

don't know what you are doing for Q18
as for me i am using equation output power/ input power *100=x
so 4M/x *100=80 so input power is 5M
P=IV so 5M/25K =200A

answer is B beacuse when you leave your clothes out to dry do they stay as same temprature they came out of the washing machine or do they feel cooler? They feel cooler due to evaporation

total pressure is 17.5M and using equation P=hdg
we have 2 liquids so pressure of water + pressure of oil is 17.5
height of oil is x and water is 2000-x
so 17.5M=(2000-x)*1000*9.81 + x*830*9.81 solve to get x= 1271

electric field is constant

Reaction score
Reaction score
guys please help me with these last few questions, after this im done, please just explain them :/ im begging you!!!

Reaction score

N.M

Reaction score

Wa Alaikumus Salam wa rahmatulahi wa barakatuh,
i found this explanation in the other thread n it seems logical to me
Ans; B
X is in tension as it is opposing the weight of the horizontal bar and the foce W...Y is aso in tension as it is opposing W..Z is in compression as it is between a force from X and a force of Y and W

Reaction score
Q14 use moments and the pivot as the rear wheel
so 10* 30k =20x which gives 15K (B)

Q35
answer is A because in tthe question it said there are 2 resistors so as one increases in resistance it requires more voltage so voltage across other one decreases
using formula V/E=R1/R1+R2 to test values you will get something similar to graph A

and if you did question 26 can you please show your working

See, there are 4.5 complete oscillations in 18 secs, so you divide 18 by 4.5 and you get 4
So now they want us to find for ⅛ of a cycle, we take ⅛th of 4 which is 0.5
4+0.5= 4.5, answer is B

Reaction score
i read the explanation to this question days ago on this thread and the guy said just see it as, all the forces acting on the surface is the tension and the one inside is the compression so i just memorized it like that
The correct method would be that, (to my knowledge), all of the outer edge forces (X+Y) get stretched (tension) while the inner edge forces (Z) get compressed (compression).