• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS Physics P1 MCQs Preparation Thread.

Reaction score
sorry but isnt the area for a trapezium 0.5*(sum of parallel sides)*height
i nvr evr use area of trapezium i use two seperate triangles the more simple u do ur working the more accurate ur answer
so 1st i took the triangle above the x axis then the triangle in the -ve side do u get it

Reaction score
Any one pls help me out wit dese questions plsss :(
Q 13 25 26 of N09
Q8 15 20 of J10 variant 12
q5 N10 variant 11

HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED THANKS ALOT :)

FOR N09 VARIANT 12:
q16:
USE THE EQUATION OF KINETIC ENERGY AND SOLVE FOR v:
1/2*m*v^2 becomes (2E/m)^1/2
now u have got the initial velocity of the projectlie which is at an angle of 45...right???
now solve for the Vh i.e the horizontal component of this velocity...Y??becoz at its max height it will only hav a horizontal velocity,no vertical...
now u hav (2E/m)^1/2 * cos45
simplify n u hav E/(m)^1/2....
now put it in formula of kinetic energy n u get A as ur answer...
its lenghty but thats how i did it n didnt took much time =)

for Q25:
apply diffraction grating formula with angle 90 u get 7.4
multiply by 2 n u get 11.8...round it off to 12 (D is the answer)
Y multiply by 2??coz u initially took only one side of the principle maxima into consideration (angle 90 not 180) so u get half the total number of maxima (needs a little imagination dear)

for Q26
i just did E=F/q since for per unit charge means the charge q will b used(it is the one getting in the way of the field of charge Q)

Reaction score
Since all questions have been explained apart from 15 so
For q15 Efficency=Useful Output energy/Input Energy multiplied by 100
Now Input energy=Force*Distance=Fs
For output energy if u read the question carefully the car is moving with constant speed v so it is not gaining kinetic energy.It is only gaining Potential energy.Now u have to calculate height.Whenever u need to calculate h and distance of slope and angle of slope with horizontal is given,use the formula
sin alpha=h/s so h=s sin alpha
Gain in P.E=m*g*s sinalpha
m*g*s sinalpha divided by Fs giving u D as answer
Wow, that is smart. Thank you!

Reaction score
27.. electric field is away from the observer and into the page.. elecrtic field is always from positive to ngative... this means that the observer is facing positive plate directly... electrons would be repelled by the negative plate and will move towards the positive plate... behind where the observer is standing... i think...:)
Thank you!

Reaction score

i dont think it means sumthin

It certainly does mean something. The rigid box keeps the spring from extending beyond a fixed point. This is done because the question wants a high sensitivity for small masses and a low sensitivity for higher masses. It will be sensitive until the top spring with low constant comes in contact with the rigid box and won't extend any more. At that point, only the lower spring with larger K would extend.

Reaction score
It certainly does mean something. The rigid box keeps the spring from extending beyond a fixed point. This is done because the question wants a high sensitivity for small masses and a low sensitivity for higher masses. It will be sensitive until the top spring with low constant comes in contact with the rigid box and won't extend any more. At that point, only the lower spring with larger K would extend.
Thx for the help! I wouldn't be able to figure this out without ur help!