• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS Physics P1 MCQs Preparation Thread.

Reaction score
honestly get your stuff togther and post the right paper

momentum before = momentum after
so mv + m*0 = mv
total momentum = mv = 2mv'
v'=v/2

KE = 0.5mv^2 so 0.5 * 2m * (0.5v)^2 =0.25mv^2 so answer is A

resultant torque is non zero as you have 2 3oN forces
rersultant force is non zero as 2 20N forces are pulling it

answer is B because after T the material undergoes plastic deformation
at constant temp speed of air is constant so F is inversely proportional to wavelength

26 and 27
[no idea]

answer is A you need to learn definition of EMF

power is I^2R so proportional
and when you have 2 resistors in parallel the total resistance is less than individual resistance of each one so a higher resistance means more power across it and less across other components

voltage across R1 is X and R2 is L-x so answer is D
thank you, it was ONE MISTAKE, jesus, look at my other posts i post all the questions in beautiful screenshots...

Reaction score
Any one pls help me out wit dese questions plsss :(
Q 13 25 26 of N09
Q8 15 20 of J10 variant 12
q5 N10 variant 11

HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED THANKS ALOT :)

Q5 of N10 variant 11:
60 sec(1 min) = 3000 revolutions
1 sec = 50 revolutions
therefore,50 is the frequency
time period=1/50=0.02 sec.
convert into millisec = 20 ms
now B seems to be the most clear scale for this...

Reaction score
Any one pls help me out wit dese questions plsss :(
Q 13 25 26 of N09
Q8 15 20 of J10 variant 12
q5 N10 variant 11

HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED THANKS ALOT :)

Q8 of J10 variant 12;
h must be decreasing,right??so it must b from A or B
the ball falls under gravity(NO AIR RESISTANCE) , there will be constant acceleration and the speed will increase....so the gradient of the s-t graph must get increasingly steeper(difficult to walk on,if u ever try walking on a graph,lol)
20 of J10 variant 12
Q20: for a rubber band..the force is proportional to the extensoin but at the elastic limit, a large force is needed to for a small increase in the extension so it is A (answered by a-elwy)

Reaction score
hay can any1 help me with this pretty plz i kinda suck @ physics:(

A motorist travelling at 10ms–1 can bring his car to rest in a braking distance of 10m. In what distance could he bring the car to rest from a speed of 30 m s–1 using the same braking force?
A 17m B 30m C 52m D 90m

the marking scheme ans is D
so any 1 goody good out there mynd helping me out plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:p

a) First off, bear in mind that since the 'same braking force' is used the acceleration is remaining constant. therefore first find the acc.
v^2 = 2as
10^2 = 2 x a x 10
a = 100/20=5
Now find the 's'
30^2 = 2 x 5 x 's'
s = 900/10 = 90 m

Reaction score
hey guys, I'm also having a little bit of trouble in the M/J p13 2011 paper (attached) with questions numbers:
4- pls explain this uncertainty stuff thoroughly as i don't get when to add, subtract, multiply etc. and if anyone has any notes on this pls upload them
33- I don't get this I understand that p=I^2R... what I did was just use a resistance of say 2 ohm's, in parallel the resistance would then be 1 ohm (of the parallel combination w and x) if w is removed then the resistance of x will be 2 ohm's correct? Is this the reason why the power to x increases? and the power to Y and Z decrease because there is now more resistance ?

and for question 26 i saw that someone asked for the answer but nobody could answer it i have attached my answer (think it is right not sure though) correct me if its wrong. thanks for the help :)
question%2026.png

omg

Reaction score
hey guys, I'm also having a little bit of trouble in the M/J p13 2011 paper (attached) with questions numbers:
4- pls explain this uncertainty stuff thoroughly as i don't get when to add, subtract, multiply etc. and if anyone has any notes on this pls upload them
33- I don't get this I understand that p=I^2R... what I did was just use a resistance of say 2 ohm's, in parallel the resistance would then be 1 ohm (of the parallel combination w and x) if w is removed then the resistance of x will be 2 ohm's correct? Is this the reason why the power to x increases? and the power to Y and Z decrease because there is now more resistance ?

and for question 26 i saw that someone asked for the answer but nobody could answer it i have attached my answer (think it is right not sure though) correct me if its wrong. thanks for the help :)
question%2026.png
for uncertanity, theres a simple rule, u ALWAYS add the uncertanities.
whenever there is ADDITION OR SUBTRACTION, u simply add the uncertanities
and whenevr there is division or multiplication, u add the fractional uncertanities.!!

Reaction score

33:
overall R increases as now one resistor is in series wid 2 resistors in parallel
therefore overall I decreases....now watever the current is,X gets the whole of it while Y and Z get a half-half share,Thus, (since I is directly propotional to power keeping other factors constant) power to X increases whlie that to Y and Z decreases.(C)

Reaction score
a) First off, bear in mind that since the 'same braking force' is used the acceleration is remaining constant. therefore first find the acc.
v^2 = 2as
10^2 = 2 x a x 10
a = 100/20=5
Now find the 's'
30^2 = 2 x 5 x 's'
s = 900/10 = 90 m
holy camoly thats not dat complicating @ all na woha thanx a bunch :)

Reaction score
The frequency of a certain wave is 500Hz and its speed is 340ms–1
What is the phase difference between the motions of two points on the wave 0.17m apart?
A 4/πrad
B 2/πrad
C 4/3πrad
D π rad
YA IM STUCK AGAIN :confused:
so any body out there help me plz i kinda dont get d whole rad business @ all:notworthy:
btw the ans is B
HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
right didnt really explain my questions which is what i needed, i can get the answers from a mark scheme....

omg

Reaction score
What is the phase difference between the motions of two points on the wave 0.17m apart?
A 4/πrad
B 2/πrad
C 4/3πrad
D π rad
so any body out there help me plz i kinda dont get d whole rad business @ all:notworthy:
btw the ans is B
i'll tell u a very easy method for solvin these typo qs,
remember, a path difference of lambda(one wavelength) = a phase difference of 2pi radians
from here we can form an equation , path diff/phase differnce=lamda/2pi radians
now find the wavelength from tha data given,
and substitute the values in the equation 2 get the phase difference!
hope that helpsss

Reaction score
i'll tell u a very easy method for solvin these typo qs,
remember, a path difference of lambda(one wavelength) = a phase difference of 2pi radians
from here we can form an equation , path diff/phase differnce=lamda/2pi radians
now find the wavelength from tha data given,
and substitute the values in the equation 2 get the phase difference!
hope that helpsss
radian here is? :S just da unit ryt?

Reaction score

Q4
rules: when ever you are adding/subtracting 2 quantities always add absolute error
when ever you are multiplying/dividing 2 quantities always add percentage error
when you have a quantity to the power of something [eg 2] multiply percentage error by power [eg 2 *x% ]

so for distance falled 1 +1 =2
for time 0.02+0.02= 0.04

then find percentage error:
for distance 2/270
for time 0.04/2

then add both errors to get answer A

Q12
the weight is causing an anticlockwise moment on the ruler
so 0.6 * (0.02 *9.81) = 0.11772

weight of ruler is causing clockwise moment so 0.1 *( 0.1* 9.81) = 0.0981

therefore 0.05*9.81*x + 0.0981 = 0.11772 x= 0.04m (from pivot) which is 4cm so answer is 44cm

Q27
no clue at all

Q33
power is I^2R so proportional
and when you have 2 resistors in parallel the total resistance is less than individual resistance of each one so a higher resistance means more power across it and less across other components

and that person was me thanks a lot ♥♥

Reaction score

just one question how did you get x and z to be 45 degrees? :S

Reaction score
A 4/πrad
B 2/πrad
C 4/3πrad
D π rad
btw the ans is B

a) first find the wavelength = speed/frequency
= 340/500 = 0.68m
Formula for path difference (you need to know this) = 2(pie) x path difference (which is 0.17 in this case) / wavelength(0.68)
= 2(pie) x 0.17 / 0.68 = 1/2(pie)