• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS Physics P1 MCQs Preparation Thread.

Reaction score
Oct/Nov 2010 paper 11. Question 5.

It's a question about the CRO. Anyone who's done it, can you please explain how to solve it?

Reaction score
June 2003 paper 01, q 20 .... ans is A but please some one xplain me

Po=hdg when child is not drinking so pressure in straw equals air pressure

child can lower the pressure (which is air obvioulsy) by 10% which is 1/10
so Po/10 =hdg

rearrange to get h=Po/10dg

Reaction score
i remember doing question with my teacher and he said there is something missing in the information given so we weren't able to do it

Q25
use equation f=v/4l for closed tube and f=v/2l for open tube where v is a constant speed of air in this case

so f ' =v/2l
and f=v/4l

divide f ' by f to get 2 which is D
can u explain when we use v/2l and when do we use v/4l ? and plz in details cz am totally confused in this :)

Reaction score
Oct/Nov 2010 paper 11. Question 5.

It's a question about the CRO. Anyone who's done it, can you please explain how to solve it?
3000 rev in 1 minute
so in 1 sec = (3000/60) =50
50 rev per second now this is the frequency
so period is 1/50 which is 0.02
so 1 wavelength takes 0.02s so to get a good shape 0.01 should be used to show have the wave as well so answer is B

Reaction score
3000 rev in 1 minute
so in 1 sec = (3000/60) =50
50 rev per second now this is the frequency
so period is 1/50 which is 0.02
so 1 wavelength takes 0.02s so to get a good shape 0.01 should be used to show have the wave as well so answer is B

Thanks. I understood up until the part where you find the period, but beyond that, I don't see how you got 0.01, and thus 10mscm^-1. Could you please elaborate on the last point?

Sorry for being a bother. :p

Jaf

Reaction score
can anyone explain galvanometer experiment to find voltage of a cell thankuuu

THIS ONE : http://ualr.edu/dcwold/phys2122/p23man/p23pot1.jpg
:D

If you can understand from the notes someone posted, that's good but if you can't, I'd suggest you check this video:

It's quite the best I have found on potentiometers, a subject on which you don't find much good stuff on the internet. I really found it helpful so try it. :)

Reactions: N.M
Reaction score
Thanks. I understood up until the part where you find the period, but beyond that, I don't see how you got 0.01, and thus 10mscm^-1. Could you please elaborate on the last point?

Sorry for being a bother. :p

frequency = 1/T

and definition of frequency is how many cycles per second and we got 50revolutions per second so i found the time period which is 0.02 so 1 wavelength takes 0.02s to complete so i we use 0.01 we can see half the wave