• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS Physics Tips and Helpers!

Reaction score
A level Physics Tips

MCQ'S:

-The best way to do your best in mcq's is to actually practice mcq's. Do past papers at least 2002-2009. Make sure you try to understand the concept behind each qst. CIE works under a strict syllabus guideline. So, the ycan change the situation but can't change the concept. Scoring 32 + can start your chances of getting an A* overall(though this depends on your other papers too). Likewise try to read examiner comments on individual qsts to see what candidates do wrong.

There's no other way to improve on mcq's.

Practicals:-Most of you are aware of oil viscosity, diode. And am sure by now that is what's coming. So, you can ask convince your teacher to make you practice that. If you still need more specific info then let me knw. I'll see what more i can do.

For p2:

Be careful about showing all your working as well as the formula. Keep the number of significant figures in mind. The difference between accuracy and reliability. And most of all the distinction between describe/ explain

As for the expected topics most of the discussion is already there on the forum so you can see that. But the major difference maker between an A and an A* will be the above tip. Understand the qst, visualize the situation and then go on to it.

Anyonw who has done 2002-2009 p2's with ms/er is sure to get an A. Stay above 45 to keep hopes for an A* later when you give the A2 papers.

General tips for practicals :

-Look out for zero errors
-Ask the invigilator if you can't setup the experiment. 1 mark will be deducted and he will do it for u. Its better than losing many other marks

-Keep your calm. Many ppl who have E'z in practicals get overall A's. But try to do your best.

-Physics is a subject where you shouldn't stick to guesses. Go for compele revison of 2002-2009

Good Luck.

I just wanted to share this information with you guys which was given to me by Zohaib, thanks!

Hope it helps!

Reaction score
I totally messed up with my physics mcq
can i still get an A in as-level
I still have parctical paper and paper2

Reaction score
Dude are you sure that the first question would be electricity one and second one related to terminal velocity :?: :roll: :?:

Reaction score
Well I think I was right about most parts of the paper ;)

And yes, if you score good enough marks in the other papers then you'll score an A overall!

Reaction score
True !!! MAVtknmj u got any info on CHEM 34 ???? !!

P.S !! U have a tough-to-read-and-write nick :D

Reaction score
I'll see what I can do but don't just rely on guesses dude!

Yea, it's a randomly generated nick ;) Just call me MAV :p

Reaction score
MAV is just fine ... or as someone else suggested Krypton Man is not bad ;)

Right back at ya princesszahra!