• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS Psychology- Doubts, Tips, Guesses and Leaks

Reaction score
For ceiling effects in part one i wrote that the effect is when questions are very easy ( this was a guess as i had no idea about it) and in second part it was that it helps in detecting individual differences (for this i'm 99% sure).

Your answer is correct. This question had been a problem for a lot of people :/

Reaction score
I need good and descriptive point on how to construct an alternative study, and how to properly evaluate that.
No mark scheme content please as I've already read it.
Someone, maybe? <3

Reaction score
I need evaluation of axline case study of dibs, the book is too complicated! Soo I would appreciate if any of you can help guyss, thanks in advance:)))

Reaction score
Its a matter of fact of understand the bottom line of what the study actually means, its possible only by intensive reading and notes making.
Concerning the curriculum we have to be familiar with the research methodology and throw in as many
of those terminologies related to research, you have to be able to define them to along with a very clear understanding.
They only look into the fact that as to how far can you relate the case study with the research methodology.
So it is essential to have a very clear understanding about the research methodology.
Knowing the statistical datas by heart another key point. If you really can't remember those number then at least
trying understanding what they mean so that you can explain them instead of clearly stating the numbers.
Many students think that solving a bunch of past papers would help, I say no until you have understood what you have learnt.
Psychology is a very vast subject and we can never forsake the research methodology part, it plays a role in the entire AS and
A level course.
I can suggest referring to this revision guide by David Clark published by Hodder Education and the ISBN number is
978-0340867044, its. specifically based on the CIE requirements. Its one of the useful revision guides clearly indicating
the points we need to look into

All the best!

Regards
Damini