• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS Unit 3B Biology :) ==How was the exams? comment here

Reaction score
omg! i drew two line graphs. one solid line and one dotted line! and then i showed the keys aside. will it be right?
Check the resultplus of jan 2013 unit 3,Question number 2(a iv). The question was similar,and a student drew a bar graph without numbers. So yeah i took the idea from it.
I'm not sure,you may loose 1 or 2 marks. (check markscheme of the question above ^ to make sure)

Reaction score
Check the resultplus of june 2012 unit 3,Question number 2(b). The question was similar,and a student drew a bar graph without numbers. So yeah i took the idea from it.
I'm not sure,you may loose 1 or 2 marks. (check markscheme of the question above ^ to make sure)
what about the economic issue?

Reaction score
wat i did was drew a line graph by plotting the partial pressure of O2 on x axis and the the concen...on y axis....plotted the two line grapjs and labelled them at the end!! is that k!!!

Reaction score
wat i did was drew a line graph by plotting the partial pressure of O2 on x axis and the the concen...on y axis....plotted the two line grapjs and labelled them at the end!! is that k!!!

I guess you got 1 mark for the correct axis, second mark for units if correctly labelled and third for correct graph.
Check jan 2013 paper result plus,a little bit similar question was there like this one.

Reaction score
I guess you got 1 mark for the correct axis, second mark for units if correctly labelled and third for correct graph.
Check jan 2013 paper result plus,a little bit similar question was there like this one.
exactly..i did solve it....and and got full wen checked the ans. and the result plus even mentioned it....thanx anyways!!
sooo ALHAMDULILAH...my paer was actually good...but as said above by many it was difficult..i wish thresholds get low!! ameen :)

Reaction score
exactly..i did solve it....and and got full wen checked the ans. and the result plus even mentioned it....thanx anyways!!
sooo ALHAMDULILAH...my paer was actually good...but as said above by many it was difficult..i wish thresholds get low!! ameen :)

Ameen!
Yeah, it was difficult. :|

well i also wrote something similar. dont remember the exact paragraph. But i think it was the last line and paragraph in that page right ?

Yeah somewhere in the last paragraph. Maybe the third or second last line.

Reaction score
Maybe it is,because some people said they wrote paragraph 1 as the economic issue.
and then there also was this question, about the graph thing. whether the data from the report supported the information in the extract or something like that. it was for 4 marks. what did you write there ?

Reaction score
and then there also was this question, about the graph thing. whether the data from the report supported the information in the extract or something like that. it was for 4 marks. what did you write there ?

I wrote something like " That increase in partial pressure increases concentration of oxygen in plasma and Preflubron." "Preflubron carry more oxygen concentration that plasma" As well as I manipulated it , not sure if the marks are given for manipulation. What about you? Did you find the question difficult? Cuz i could only find 2-3 points.

Reaction score
I wrote something like " That increase in partial pressure increases concentration of oxygen in plasma and Preflubron." "Preflubron carry more oxygen concentration that plasma" As well as I manipulated it , not sure if the marks are given for manipulation. What about you? Did you find the question difficult? Cuz i could only find 2-3 points.
okay ! let see what happens , good luck for tomorrow's exam. :)