• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Attention Please !!! Maths !!

Reaction score
Attention Everyone !!!!! plz plz plz can any one tell me tht usually what percentage makes an A in maths.....plz reply soon

Reaction score
but zohaib bhai arent percentiles always lower than actual percentages?how can A be on 82 when actually it is on 80??

Reaction score
Zohaib is right, they may exceed 80% because remember CIE Examinations are competitive examinations whose grades depend on the overall performance of candidates. So for an easy paper like that of today's, the percentile(NOT PERCENTAGE) for the A may be higher than 80%

Reaction score
book worm said:
Zohaib is right, they may exceed 80% because remember CIE Examinations are competitive examinations whose grades depend on the overall performance of candidates. So for an easy paper like that of today's, the percentile(NOT PERCENTAGE) for the A may be higher than 80%
and what abt islamiat (average paper).?and i also want ask that percentile are taken out from all over world,region,zone or country.

Reaction score
Why not? Percentile is applied all over the world wherever GCE O Level is being taken for a specific session. And the percentile is not only applied across the syllabus level but also at individual component level e.g. SEPARATE PERCENTILES for ATP, Paper 1 and Paper 2 according to the response of candidates in respective components.

Percentile for Islamiyat is neither high nor low. 86% I would say for A*

Reaction score
so what abt english lang.if it is taken from all over the world it would be unfair because student in european countries know better english than us

Reaction score
but still i have heard that 75% in english and urdu first language can get you an A*

Reaction score
book worm then what about percentile of pak studies.it is more easy then islamiat.
and what u get in these 3 subjects?

Reaction score
No Saud if you analyze the results then you will come to know that Pak.Studies is more difficult. This is because Islamiat9it is taken all over world) has a higher candidature in exam sessions and candidates appearing for Pak. Studies are lesser as it is mostly taken by pakistani candidates.

For Pak. Studies you can hope for A* if you achieve about 83%

Reaction score
yar ive heard tht for 2010 as they hav introduced an A* the pprs wud be quite easy . nd therefore the percentiles wud be going HIGH !!

Reaction score
Mobeen said:
yar ive heard tht for 2010 as they hav introduced an A* the pprs wud be quite easy . nd therefore the percentiles wud be going HIGH !!
from where did u hear it.
i have not seen it on any website.if u then post the link

Reaction score
Ummmmmmm
by da way people
PAPERS ARE NOT EASY AND IT IS A FOOLISH THING TO SAY
BCS IF THIS WAS SO
PPL CUD HAV GOT 100% MARKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
in some way or da other dere are trap questions!!!!!!
like in physics most of us did not even realize da papers were hard!!!!!!!
just w8t till results come out and u will be surprised!

Reaction score
SAUD ASLAM said:
Mobeen said:
from where did u hear it.
i have not seen it on any website.if u then post the link

yar a friend was telling me . he said tht he read it on sum website.. i'l try to know which website .. but the thing is i dont know which friend told me .. i'll try to get it authenticated ...

Reaction score
sadman said:
Ummmmmmm
by da way people
PAPERS ARE NOT EASY AND IT IS A FOOLISH THING TO SAY
BCS IF THIS WAS SO
PPL CUD HAV GOT 100% MARKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
in some way or da other dere are trap questions!!!!!!
like in physics most of us did not even realize da papers were hard!!!!!!!
just w8t till results come out and u will be surprised!

UR SCARING ME DUDE !!
i dont need any distinctions .. i jsut need six A*'s .. pray for me !!!