• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

B in AS to A in A2?

Reaction score
I got a B in Physics and Chemistry (yay!), so I was wondering if I can get an A/A* in A2?

Component grades (Physics):
12 - A
22 - B
34 - D

Component grades (Chemistry):
12 - B
22 - B
34 - C

Reaction score
I crossed the B and C threshold by 3-4 marks in each paper. I barely got the D. Thoughts?

Well, it totally depends on you.
A2 papers are much harder than AS.
Considering your past exam history, do you think you can get near perfect marks in the A2 papers?
If you get close to perfect marks, then it might be possible. But if you're gonna get B's and C's in A2 components, too, then it might not be possible.

Reaction score
Well, it totally depends on you.
A2 papers are much harder than AS.
Considering your past exam history, do you think you can get near perfect marks in the A2 papers?
If you get close to perfect marks, then it might be possible. But if you're gonna get B's and C's in A2 components, too, then it might not be possible.

I actually find A2 easier (that's just me).
Near perfect? I don't think so. But I can get an A on each individual component.

Reaction score
I actually find A2 easier (that's just me).
Near perfect? I don't think so. But I can get an A on each individual component.

Mhmm, if you know your individual marks in AS, calculate the marks you require in A2 components for an A overall.
Then see if you can get that many marks.

Reaction score
I got a B in Physics and Chemistry (yay!), so I was wondering if I can get an A/A* in A2?

12 - A
22 - B
34 - D

12 - B
22 - B
34 - C
Congratz on the grades and the most important advice i can give u as ur senior *proud eyes* hehhe ok f9 continuing lol is that an A* is always possible but you will need to work 24/7 for it as it wont be easy....i had a B overall in bio AS but i worked extremely hard to get my final grade to an A and another friend of mine had an overall C in bio but she managed an A* in her final A2 exams....by sheer hard work and continuous struggle....and isA you will also get the grades that you want XD :D I wish you the very best in ur life!! XD :D

Reaction score
Congratz on the grades and the most important advice i can give u as ur senior *proud eyes* hehhe ok f9 continuing lol is that an A* is always possible but you will need to work 24/7 for it as it wont be easy....i had a B overall in bio AS but i worked extremely hard to get my final grade to an A and another friend of mine had an overall C in bio but she managed an A* in her final A2 exams....by sheer hard work and continuous struggle....and isA you will also get the grades that you want XD :D I wish you the very best in ur life!! XD :D

Thank you so much :D *admiration eyes* Congratulations on that A!

Any tips for A2 bio? I'm struggling a bit :p

Reaction score

12 - A
22 - B
34 - D

12 - B
22 - B
34 - C
You need to get A* in both to reach just A. Overall if u wana cross A and reach A* u need to get at least 85% in As. :)

Reaction score