• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Bilogy ATP

Reaction score
Doing a starch experiment is a different experiment . the question clearly said who would you extend the experiment , it didnt ask how would you design a new experiment to show similar results .

And a starch test would not determine the amount of development in the leaves . Thats determined by the availability of protiens /amino acids and there use.
the one in light was ofc gonna make more starch compared to the one in shadow , but that does not really explain or relate to the previous experiment . Don't really know what you guys might have though while dooing a starch test but....

Reaction score
if you guys can exactualy explain why you wrote a starch test .... well then I might change my opinion . Till then my view seems more rational to me .

Whati have to back me up are similar questions from old past papers that ask how to extend temprature experiments proving the optimum temprature for enzymes .

Reaction score
Ah yes! i didn't had to sit scratching my head wondering what to write, it's like i looked at the question once or maybe twice & KABOOOM wrote the starch test without thinking any further. since i get easily convinced by others ( call it lack of confidence or whatever, i just know it's bad) i thought i was wrong until now.. Insha Allah it will be right! :) if not full marks, we do deserve half marks for it.
that's what i thought after hearing my class fellows opinion of writing about the varying light intensity..i mentally accepted that i lost those 3 marks :p
now i'm glad i wrote the starch test

Reaction score
i didnt write about starch test

all i wrote was repeating the experiment with different light intensities and more leaves

Reaction score
Doing a starch experiment is a different experiment . the question clearly said who would you extend the experiment , it didnt ask how would you design a new experiment to show similar results .

And a starch test would not determine the amount of development in the leaves . Thats determined by the availability of protiens /amino acids and there use.
the one in light was ofc gonna make more starch compared to the one in shadow , but that does not really explain or relate to the previous experiment . Don't really know what you guys might have though while dooing a starch test but....

well starch test would actually show that which plants will produce more starch and which will photosynthesise more so thats why it was an extension and this was the way you could extend the experiment..
the start test will be done to see that which of the leaves progressed more and this way it will be extended ..hope you get my point ;)