• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

BIO 31 discussion

Reaction score
worst PAPER ever!!! don't u think? ;) I'm PROUD to say i'm failing:D....i TOTALlly lost it!!! what do u guys think???

Reaction score
FOR Chemistry PAPER 33!!!!!!!!!!

hydrated ammonim salt titrated with KMnO4
usual salt analysis
one thermal question

We have to titrate ammonium nitrate with KMn04 or would we need to oxidize potassium iodide in the presence of ammonium nitrate and then titrate the resulting solution with sodium thiosulphate? :|

see question no.1 in june2008-31
a similar question is expected!

FOR PHYSICS ASLEVEL PAPER 33

what we hav been practicing is the electricity one with beads in place of resistors.its very simple..and ya in the oscillation one we will be having a cylinder instead of a pendulam bob..

i doubt anything concerning magnets or diodes on A2 level will come for As practicals, hmm, they might just be giving diode as just another component of the circuit system, in past years there were things like that, but the procedure is still the same, you will just have to either measure current, volt etc. and draw the graph, and by the way it will be helpful to review the graphs for diodes. before going for exam.

YOU WILL NEED
1.retort stand.
2.bob/cylinder
3.stopwatch.
4.thread
5.multimeters
6.batteries
7.clamps.
8.resistors.
9.contacts

Reaction score
I have to say it was tricky that is for Q1, Q2 was fine,
but again Q1 was a disaster :(

wt did u think of the individual Questions ?

Reaction score
Q1 WAS INDEED A DISASTER!!!! Q2 was fine...barely took about just half an hour but i aint sure of the answers ofcourse........but seriously though..how many marks was one for? COZ i totally flunked!!

Reaction score
hey dude dont be sad dont worrie it will be alright jux pray to Allah and get ready for chemistry n physics be happie..:)

Reaction score
Evryone's Q1 was worst evn mine Q2 was i felt was very easy except k similarities and differences i wasnt able to get them......:)

Reaction score
yh to Allah i did pray...but thn i also asked for the exam to be easy....
ANyway...i THINK it was JUST differences?? and nOT similarites??

Reaction score
lol yea it was ony differences ... wasnt it ?? :S

and yea i have to admit q1 was soo bad ... i ended up filling up the table myself !! :eek:

but yea q2 was nice and straight forward

everybody in my centre said q1 was a killer

im expecting a low gt for this exam inshallah :p

Reaction score
Kmaster said:
lol yea it was ony differences ... wasnt it ?? :S

and yea i have to admit q1 was soo bad ... i ended up filling up the table myself !! :eek:

but yea q2 was nice and straight forward

everybody in my centre said q1 was a killer

im expecting a low gt for this exam inshallah :p
yeah there were only differences

Reaction score
I actually prepared the serial dilutions in the test tubes instead of the petri dishes!! XD
ended up dumping 'em in the dishes in the end!

Reaction score
same wid me i also made in testtubes n then in end i realized we hav to in petri dish n tehn it was too late jux messed up ...:(

Reaction score
Yes the p31 was very very bad ....
But i want to check some answers ..... 1. What did u do in the observation table ?
2. The hypothesis question ??
3. Q2 in the plan diagram where did u label the air space?
4. In the second diagram what did u draw ??
5. Differences table???

Reaction score
The paper overall was average. I assume the grade threshold for the paper will be around 33. Question 1 required skills for deciding on the serial dilutions.
Don't worry about it; focus on the upcoming papers :)
Besides, ensure you show your best performance on all theory and MCQ papers because they will be the grade boosters.