• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

BIO B4 ND AFTER PAPER DISCUSSION.

Reaction score
af1992 said:
hey the answer to tix mcq abt energy requiremnt was B...confirm...its a repeat mcq...
n awl my answers match urs excpt tat body temp....
the organs involvd in temp control...it was skeletal muscles,blood capillaries under skin n the thrd thng in tat option was eithr hypothalamus or sweat gland...m sure abt tix answer

can u plz temme the answer 2 the frst mcq as well wich was abt tooth decay...the answer was A or B???
and also that chlorophyll ques....the answer to it was 0 or 110???

I too chose B for it ( wheres the contradiction )
It was Option B ( 5-25 )
O

Marie k said:
i think jo aap ney 5th mcq kya hai its ans shud b "c" da graph tat was inversly propotional.

when the sucrose concentration would be lower outside, water will move from outside to inside . increasing the mass.
A time will come when will be no net movement
And at last the sucrose concentration increases outside so water will move outside, reducing the mass

Reaction score
mcq abt energy requiremnt was D i think
from which paper was this question repeated.!

Reaction score
momen said:
heart beat was the correct answer .!

It cannot be correct.
Heart directly monitors the CO2 concentration in blood and controls heart beats per minute ( medulla )

Glucose concentration was correct
Reason: Pancreas acts as a detector for changes in glucose concentration and it itself releases insulin ( hormone )

Reaction score
no it was that related to eye as the change in light intensities falling on the eye causes a cranial reflex...and is not directly controlled by the nervous sys...

Reaction score
fh1992 said:
no it was that related to eye as the change in light intensities falling on the eye causes a cranial reflex...and is not directly controlled by the nervous sys...

LOLZ. do you really have any idea about CRANIAL REFLEX? Reflexes are always brought about the Nervous system

Spinal reflex is the one that doesn't involve brain but involves mainly the peripheral nervous system
Cranial reflex is the reflex that is generated by the Brain which is a part of Central nervous system.

Reaction score
this is a repeated question frm may/june 04 question no 3 jis ka ans "b" hai which shows an inversly propotional graph.

Reaction score
momen said:
mcq abt energy requiremnt was D i think
from which paper was this question repeated.!

Yes momen you are right. Energy and Iron requirements for 25 year old women were to be highest as they have to cover up for menstrual losses. All other ages were outside the period of menopause.

To further confirm the answer, you should have a look at Federal Page 75 where a chart has been provided for energy requirements. According to the chart 25 year old women require 8000 J energy daily which was closest to Option D 8.1 KJ.

Reaction score
Marie k said:
this is a repeated question frm may/june 04 question no 3 jis ka ans "b" hai which shows an inversly propotional graph.

I can have a bet on this one!!! :twisted:

Its for sure A. there was no such graph as B in MJ04 Q03, there was on which was a straight line and such graphs can never be straight. :mrgreen:

I very well knew this question and I had asked my teacher about it. The concentration of sucrose isn't mentioned so it can start anywhwere but if you take this graph back, it turns out to be like A

On the publishing of Mark scheme, I will PM you

Reaction score
Im not gonna argue here but jus wanna ask that exactly where did u see MJO4 "B",cause thats nt wat im seein....any wayz gud luck 4 da result..

Reaction score
my teacher n even the past papers said k age k saath requirements decrease hoti hain and incase u didnt notice 5 yrs aur 25 yrs ki kaafi close thin so whoever is saying its fr the menstrual loss n pregnancy is ryt bt energy change k lihaaz se judge krna tha!!!

Reaction score
heart beat isnt directly controlled by cns its controlled by medulla obulongta baaqi saare reflexes the glucose conc bhi cns ki detection ki waja se change hota hai its a confirmed answer!!!

Reaction score
evain said:
heart beat isnt directly controlled by cns its controlled by medulla obulongta baaqi saare reflexes the glucose conc bhi cns ki detection ki waja se change hota hai its a confirmed answer!!!

the question asked which of the following is not contrlled by an impulse....

the ans was glucose concentration as it is not DIRECTLY controlled by an impulse(only nervous systems control through by impulse) whereas blood glucose concentartion is controlled by hormones....

Reaction score
yar dat sucrose conc. ihv done a thousands time.it was showin increasing sucrose conc so of course mass will decrease bt like
invers relation ship garf

Reaction score
hey wats the ans to the mcq abt ANTIBIOTICS IT WAS A na that w is more effective dan x cos the option mentionin higher conc. cant be cos the stem of question CLEARL STATED dat EQUAL amounts of DIFFERENT antibiotics were used

Reaction score
the word EQUAL amounts negates da possibility of diff conc.furthermore u can confirm from mary jones o level biology book

Reaction score
tat energy requiremnt question ix 4m june 2001 ques no. 11...n its answer is B
n i ve also confrmd abt tat heart rate's mcq from net....heart rate is controlled by medulla tat lies in brain wich ix a part ov cntral nervous system so it is dirctly contrld by the nervous system.....blood glucose concentration is controlld by the endocrine system as it involves pancreas which both detects n releases the hormone so nervous system nt dirctly involvd
and guys tat sucrose conc ques....they said they put potato tubers in diffrnt conc so wen the sucrose sol was dilute the mass of potato had 2 increase cox ov turgidity bt wen it became conc the potato tubr wud strt shrinkin...answer was A...thr is a past ppr ques relatd 2 it in which they had plottd chnge in mass against conc...in tat also frst thr ix +ve chnge(increase in mass) n aftr sumtym negativ(decrease in mass)