• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

BIO B4 ND AFTER PAPER DISCUSSION.

Reaction score
af1992 said:
tat energy requiremnt question ix 4m june 2001 ques no. 11...n its answer is B
n i ve also confrmd abt tat heart rate's mcq from net....heart rate is controlled by medulla tat lies in brain wich ix a part ov cntral nervous system so it is dirctly contrld by the nervous system.....blood glucose concentration is controlld by the endocrine system as it involves pancreas which both detects n releases the hormone so nervous system nt dirctly involvd
and guys tat sucrose conc ques....they said they put potato tubers in diffrnt conc so wen the sucrose sol was dilute the mass of potato had 2 increase cox ov turgidity bt wen it became conc the potato tubr wud strt shrinkin...answer was A...thr is a past ppr ques relatd 2 it in which they had plottd chnge in mass against conc...in tat also frst thr ix +ve chnge(increase in mass) n aftr sumtym negativ(decrease in mass)

Yes the same question came in June 2001 Paper 1 as Question 11. The answer given in topical is wrong which you are quoting and it is not surprising to find mistakes in topical. In classified, its answer is marked as D.

I agree with evain that with passing age energy requirements decrease. That is true but you should understand this concept. It says that energy requirements per unit body mass decrease with passing age as growth rate decreases. However, energy requirements continue to increase in magnitude until a person is adult and then they begin decreasing.

Now tell me that do you eat more now or did you eat more when you were a baby?!

Reaction score
Marie k said:
Im not gonna argue here but jus wanna ask that exactly where did u see MJO4 "B",cause thats nt wat im seein....any wayz gud luck 4 da result..

I didn't exactly get what are you trying to say! :(

Reaction score
Hey guys, does anyone remember all the options for the MCQ regarding EXCRETION in BIO paper 1. as to which one is not excretion...????

Reaction score
stallion said:
Hey guys, does anyone remember all the options for the MCQ regarding EXCRETION in BIO paper 1. as to which one is not excretion...????

co2 through lungs
undigested food through the alimentary canal
urea through kidneys
cannot remember the other one

Reaction score
guys what was answer to the mcq that what would be in higher concentration at Y than at X .! i think placenta was shown in diagram?

Reaction score
people are saying that altough it was a repeat question but the question was little changed and it's answer was glucose and 02 .!
IS THAT SO .??

Reaction score
M.Usman Khan you might be right but there are lot of people who are also confident bout oxygen and glucose .!

Reaction score
The ans was not glucose and O2. It was definitely Urea and CO2. It was asking what increased in the vessel of the mother not the vessels of the baby, I'm quite sure.
And Syed, I think your ans is wrong about the potato size one, there was a graph similar to that one in the previous question which was the option C.
Furthermore, the line was not starting from the Y - Axis, thus it is not possible the potato will increase in size when placed in a more concentrated solution than before ( the x-axis values continued to increase ).

Reaction score
xcalibur said:
The ans was not glucose and O2. It was definitely Urea and CO2. It was asking what increased in the vessel of the mother not the vessels of the baby, I'm quite sure.
And Syed, I think your ans is wrong about the potato size one, there was a graph similar to that one in the previous question which was the option C.
Furthermore, the line was not starting from the Y - Axis, thus it is not possible the potato will increase in size when placed in a more concentrated solution than before ( the x-axis values continued to increase ).

yes the answer to the potato size was C .!
and still not sure about glucose and O2 altough i choosed urea and CO2

Reaction score
Can someone tell me where to download june 2010 paper 6 biology ??? fanx in advance :)

Reaction score
please dont go off-topic

june 2010 papers are not available anywhere in the world right now
they would be released after Results