• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Bio p22 and 52

Reaction score
wat abt that expt.............cud we grow out the plan.... also.................or directly from seed

Reaction score
gt should be 48 and 50 would be too high for questions that are relatively strange and easy. since many people i don't know why still think it's difficult. so 48.

Reaction score
Guys wats d difference b/w transpiration & evaporation
i wrote
transpiration is when water diffuse from higher conc. gradient to lowe conc. gradient down the concentration gradient from an air space to outside through stomata
while evaporation when water moves from cell wall from higher water ptential to lower ,down water potential by osmosis into the spaces between spongy cells
what did u write?

Reaction score
i wrote
transpiration is when water diffuse from higher conc. gradient to lowe conc. gradient down the concentration gradient from an air space to outside through stomata
while evaporation when water moves from cell wall from higher water ptential to lower ,down water potential by osmosis into the spaces between spongy cells
what did u write?
this is absolutely right

Reaction score
I wrote difination of transpiration nd how transpiration

I did the same.
Evaporation: process by which the water changes from the liquid state in the cell walls of the mesophyll cells to water vapor in the air spaces.
Transpiration: the process by which the water vapor is lost from the air spaces in the leaves to the atmosphere by diffusion down the concentration gradient through the stomata.

Reaction score
In the question related to inhibition of respiratory enzyme of cholera, i wrote about non-competitive inhibition, but you could write about any one type of inhibition: competitive or non-competitive right??

Reaction score
I blew up the transpiration question big time.

I was so sure that Transport in Animals would come this year that I didn't prepare Transport in Plants properly. >_<

But other than that paper was awesome masha'Allah... hoping for a GT around 45-46 though. I don't think its ever above 48.

Reaction score
I blew up the transpiration question big time.

I was so sure that Transport in Animals would come this year that I didn't prepare Transport in Plants properly. >_<

But other than that paper was awesome masha'Allah... hoping for a GT around 45-46 though. I don't think its ever above 48.
Exactly the same happened with me..My full focus was on transport in Mammals and while reading transport in plants i just concentrated on the source and sink related topics!!GGODD!!HOW THE PAPER SUCKED THIS TYM:eek:o_O:cry::sick::confused:

Reaction score
In the question related to inhibition of respiratory enzyme of cholera, i wrote about non-competitive inhibition, but you could write about any one type of inhibition: competitive or non-competitive right??

yes..either one..based on the past years marking scheme,you can see they accept both competitive and non-competitive. :) you can refer to the past years to confirm it. :)

Reaction score
yes..either one..based on the past years marking scheme,you can see they accept both competitive and non-competitive. :) you can refer to the past years to confirm it. :)
yeah, i did the past papers before giving the paper, they accept either reversible competitive inhibition, reversible non-competitive inhibition or non-reversible non-competitive inhibition :)