• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Bio p22 and 52

Reaction score
yeah, i did the past papers before giving the paper, they accept either reversible competitive inhibition, reversible non-competitive inhibition or non-reversible non-competitive inhibition :)
so what were we supposed to write in the second point?

Reaction score
so what were we supposed to write in the second point?
how many marks did it have?? 3 i guess, anyway you had to write the name and then 2 or 3 points about the features of the inhibition you named, such as where does the inhibitor fit, what change it brings about and how it effects the enzyme catalysed reaction.

Reaction score
In the last question of the paper, about phosphate ions i wrote the following 3 uses: synthesis of ATP, formation of phospholipids and synthesis of DNA/RNA. Then i vaguely linked them to growth :confused:
Basically they had asked about the uses of phosphate ions right?? :)

Reaction score
ATP is no way linked to growth the question asked what is the role of phospates in growth so synthesis of DNA/RNA with little explanation was enough

Reaction score
ATP is no way linked to growth the question asked what is the role of phospates in growth so synthesis of DNA/RNA with little explanation was enough
ATP is for energy and energy is needed for growth, similarly phospholipids are needed for the cell surface membrane of newly formed cells (for growth), DNA is needed for cell replication (nuclear division) and RNA is needed for protein synthesis, and proteins are also required for growth.
I wrote these explanations, I guess ATP is correct if linked with energy...no? :)

Reaction score
are we suppose to write the term?. cant we just explain how it fits and inhibits?? ;)
actually i dont know :)
In the last question of the paper, about phosphate ions i wrote the following 3 uses: synthesis of ATP, formation of phospholipids and synthesis of DNA/RNA. Then i vaguely linked them to growth :confused:
Basically they had asked about the uses of phosphate ions right?? :)
i wrote -synthesis of ATP
-formation of neuleotides
-for formation of chromatids to increase the growth cell division and so the growth increase
ATP is needed i think

Reaction score
1116037_450_450_0_0_fit_0_ec12bad7f388c69a223902b3b5896537.jpg

I guess this was the photomicrograph of the plasma cell which was given. Either this or something very similar! :)

Reaction score
In the question which involved the labelling of the photomicrograph,was the endoplasmic reticulum rough or smooth? :S

Reaction score
How was it rough? :/ It looked smooth :(
Yes, it was difficult to distinguish it as either RER or SER, but it was RER since they had asked about the structure's importance to specific role of plasma cells. RER is required for synthesis of proteins and hence antibodies, since antibodies are (glyco)proteins. SER has no importance to the specific role of plasma cells.

Reaction score
ppl , cud sum1 just brief d ppr 22 in order with d approx ans cuz i wanna calculate my marks but i've 4gotten the exact order of d qes