• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Bio paper/42

What would be the minimum marks required for A in bio/42 ?

• Total voters
Reaction score
1.concentration of water molecules in a solution, like in blood :D
2. The mutation cause a change in base which now coded for a stop codon hence different primary structure smaller polypeptide chain so smaller mass of protein produces.
3.DNA contains gene for proteins, specific to only chloroplast. as chloroplast also conatin 70S ribosome so translation is done in the chloroplast for such proteins. But I named protein as example RUBISCO :D
4.I didn't attemt did Q9
5. as infants metabolic activities are less they donot produce enough heat by other processes, so BAT is there as BAT release heat energy by synthesis of ATP.
sitooon to what extend my answers were right ? :S

Reaction score
Optic nerve I mentioned the tumor blocking the light from entering the optical nerve. The receptor cells cant detect any light. Thus they dont pass any message to the brain.

Reaction score
dude I think this doesn't make sense. Answer must be related to action potential and receptor potential :/

Compare my statement with the Pacinian corpuscle example. Pacinian corpuscle detect change in PRESSURE. That pressure causes a receptor potential. If pressure is strong enough, action potential produced.

Here, the rod and cones do the same job as Pacinian corpuscles. They detect LIGHT. If theyre blocked off from the light, they wont detect any change in light. Thus no receptor potential and no action potential.

Correct me if Im wrong.

Reaction score
Compare my statement with the Pacinian corpuscle example. Pacinian corpuscle detect change in PRESSURE. That pressure causes a receptor potential. If pressure is strong enough, action potential produced.

Here, the rod and cones do the same job as Pacinian corpuscles. They detect LIGHT. If theyre blocked off from the light, they wont detect any change in light. Thus no receptor potential and no action potential.

Correct me if Im wrong.
O.O

Reaction score

Correct me if Im wrong.
you can be right bro :/
Probably I did that one wrong :/

Reaction score
There were many questions which i guessed !
Eg . tell me what you wrote for:
1- water potential definition
2- why CC has more muscle mass
3 - role of dna in chloroplast
4-processes for last question in section A
5-why infant has higher BAT
and many more !
for 2 I wrote more heterozygosity and stuff like that, I seriously had no idea what i was writing :p
3 - manufacture of transport proteins and manufacture of enzymes such as rubisco
4- processes I wrote were (i) oxidation of NAD (ii) diffusion.. one of my friends wrote condensation o_O
5- Infants are at a higher risk of getting cold, I know this probably sounds the most shittest answer but it makes sense in a way :p

Reaction score
for 2 I wrote more heterozygosity and stuff like that, I seriously had no idea what i was writing :p
3 - manufacture of transport proteins and manufacture of enzymes such as rubisco
4- processes I wrote were (i) oxidation of NAD (ii) diffusion.. one of my friends wrote condensation o_O
5- Infants are at a higher risk of getting cold, I know this probably sounds the most shittest answer but it makes sense in a way :p
which proceeses in last question are you talkin about ?