• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology 11 - Heterozygous female cat or

Reaction score
My parents are both doctors and they gave me the right, 100% accurate answer. I don't think I can post it here until 24 hours pass. Whoever wants to know it can inbox me, and I will offer an explanation. ^.^

Reaction score
I think the cats one was C, the female is heterozygous.
The question stated that A SHORTHAIRED FEMALE gave birth to 5 kittens, 2 with long hair.
If she is SHORTHAIRED, her possible genotypes are SS or Ss
If you take it to be SS, then you will not get the 1:1 ratio of the kittens phenotype as all will be shorthaired kittens
Therefore, we know for sure that the female is heterozygous in order to provide the recessive allele.

Plus, this option was more specific.'One parent is homozygous' is part true because it doesn't tell which one, male or female.

Reaction score
Any one remember all the questions for paper 11?? I need someone to discuss the paper with me, but I don't remember most of the exam!!

Reaction score
animals respire all the time but plants respire at night time! CUZ at day time they r photosynthesizing!.....Is this correct?? I choose option B