• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology ATP discussion.

Reaction score
Soulgamer said:
sksuriza said:
ya manufacture proteins n make more protoplasm

That would be OK but to be specific:

Green Seedlings (1 Mark)
They will be able to photosynthesize (1 mark)
Manufacture their own food (1 mark)
Actually mate its like this
green seedlings will survive[1]
green pigment:chlorophyll [1]
they can photosynthesis+white seedlings cannot [1]

Reaction score
Ghalya001 said:
Gr8...u boosted my confidence..!! :)
But u know...ive got a nasty feeling that if ATP was easy....P1 and 2 wud be difficult...!! :(

KOI NAI.................nothing z difficult after u have studied every hing and ur this thought will force u to srudy harder and produce best results

ALL THE BEST AND BEST OF LUCK FOR THE BIOLOGY ONES :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good:

Reaction score
Ghalya001 said:
All of my friends got mag X1120....only i got X560...and they said i was wrong...gud to hear i was right..!!

no better feeling in the world..is there? :beer:

Reaction score
normallyhow many do we need to get an A* in biology...wat do u people think?

Reaction score
i wrote in the last part of Q1 that green plants,because they have adopted beneficial qualities from their parents..

Reaction score
In the question to investigate sugar comtemt of marrow and melon I wrote the test for both starch and sugar. How many marks do you think I will lose?

Reaction score
FurqanKhalil said:
In the question to investigate sugar comtemt of marrow and melon I wrote the test for both starch and sugar. How many marks do you think I will lose?

if ur reducing sugar test is detailed enough..as in including all the points..u shoudn lose more than one mark !

Reaction score
FurqanKhalil said:
It totally depends on the examiner.....!!

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I had a question, for the bar graph, I labeled my bars on the bars themselves, not the x axis. Is that wrong?

Reaction score
Well it waznt like if u didnt mention arterioles u wd lose 2 marks the question waz abt their involvement plus since the labelled respective part was blood capillaries dat we wrote in da a part we cd have referres to it and make it generalised i dont think it wd be penalised but if even if arterioles were mentioned no harm done ....the more the merrier:) :Bravo:

Reaction score
Famous4it said:
Hey everyone. I had a question, for the bar graph, I labeled my bars on the bars themselves, not the x axis. Is that wrong?

I think so......In marking schemes they always say to label x-axis but it depends on the examiner....You might not be penalized.

Reaction score
dragoninja98 said:
LOL sitting in Qasre Noor i was flabbergasted....am expecting about 34 out of 40....not bad for someone who started bio just 3 months ago !
HAd no idea about the magnification and i did mess up the labeling by writing placenta in the fruit i dont know why ? !
i wrote x1140m by dividing 56mm by 0.05 mm...
Is there a chance of getting 1 mark still ?
How much marks does the labelling carry ?
I did label the pericarp,seed and fibrous tissue in place of the fruit pulp !

your magnification is right... it was x1140

Reaction score
Magnification was x560 and this is how you obtain it:

1.Measure the diameter of the pollen grain which was 5.6cm/56mm (1 Mark)

2. Measure the line given which was 2.75cm. Hence 2.75cm represented 0.05mm. So how much would 5.6cm represent?
We find out using ratio method.

2.75cm : 0.05mm
5.6cm : x mm

Cross multiply and you get 0.1mm (1 Mark)

3.Then divide 'found out length' = 56mm
by actual length= 0.1mm

The answer is x560 (1 Mark)

Reaction score
i made the bar graph without leaving any space between bars like in histrogram the bars r made.....is it correct ? can i get marks without leaving space b/w bars?