• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Even eighth graders would 'see' that :) try elaborating please :D
Apparatus would be simple, KMnO4 should be added in 3 beakers with the three different types of coal. The one which decolourizes KMnO4 the fastes would have most quantity of SO2.

Reaction score
Even eighth graders would 'see' that :) try elaborating please :D
Take 3 test tubes equal amount of potassium manganate and equal amount of coal to aoid any erroe ..the volume of sulphur dioxide released can also be recorded by collecting in a gas syringe and accordingly if reffering to potassim manganate then the one tube with fastest colour change tocolourless will have the most amount of sulphur in coal !! This iss my opinion

Reaction score
Take 3 test tubes equal amount of potassium manganate and equal amount of coal to aoid any erroe ..the volume of sulphur dioxide released can also be recorded by collecting in a gas syringe and accordingly if reffering to potassim manganate then the one tube with fastest colour change tocolourless will have the most amount of sulphur in coal !! This iss my opinion
Where did the gas syringe come from? :cautious:

Reaction score
Apparatus would be simple, KMnO4 should be added in 3 beakers with the three different types of coal. The one which decolourizes KMnO4 the fastes would have most quantity of SO2.
Coal and KMnO4 in the same beaker? You kidding me? -.-

You got no gas syringe :p Kangal sarak pe paren experiment kar rahe hain :D

Reaction score
I don't think that's possible :p think yar... just got the answer dawned upon me :D

ab bata dia na :p chalo shabash... dimagh larao
Why not? I mean KMnO4 is a reducing agent and as soon as it detects SO2 it would decolourize. And coal has SO2 right?

Reaction score
I don't think that's possible :p think yar... just got the answer dawned upon me :D

ab bata dia na :p chalo shabash... dimagh larao
It is supposed to be this dat they both are in one beaker and the oal can be in powderedform and the solution will be potassium manganate solution !! Btw which year ques ?

Reaction score
It is supposed to be this dat they both are in one beaker and the oal can be in powderedform and the solution will be potassium manganate solution !! Btw which year ques ?
Nopes, there is a better solution :D
1978 :)

Reaction score
Nothing :p
Sure if that's what keeps you happy :) Actually, i think that would be the best answer you can get :p

Next one:
What are the 3 different types of carbon allotropes?
Diamond, graphite and Lonsdaleite (third one is not in the syllabus, only first two are mentioned)