• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
what are the waste products of Chymosin Formation by Fermentation using Yeast....
ref June 2010 paper 2 question 1

Reaction score
What is the purpose and difference btw SLIP RINGS AND SPLIT RING COMMUTATOR ??
Slip rings are used in A.C generator and are attached to carbon brushed so that the induced e.m.f might be transfered to the load.
Whereas split rings are used in D.C motors, the purpose is the reverse the direction of current in order that the coil keepings moving.

Reaction score
what are the waste products of Chymosin Formation by Fermentation using Yeast....
ref June 2010 paper 2 question 1
The waste products would be ethanol and carbondioxide
Anaerobic respiration of yeast produces these two waste products !!

Reaction score
View attachment 8521
I m confused in this part. I used the mole ratio solution but the answer in Marking scheme is '10800g'. I don't think that's possible becuase, that would be the mass of Octane and to calculate the mass of Carbon dioxide, shouldn't we use the mole ratio?

The method is ver simple:
Since they have mentioned tha the car is travelling at a constant speed and that for every km 108g of CO2 are produced, you will use the ratio method that is
108g: 1km
x g : 100 km

That's it!! :)

Reaction score
The method is ver simple:
Since they have mentioned tha the car is travelling at a constant speed and that for every km 108g of CO2 are produced, you will use the ratio method that is
108g: 1km
x g : 100 km

That's it!! :)
I did that, except for the fact that i took 108 as the amout of octane rather CO2. That's one example that one should read the question carefully. :/