• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
I don't think that's possible becuase, that would be the mass of Octane and to calculate the mass of Carbon dioxide, shouldn't we use the mole ratio?
we dont even need OCTANE in this question yar.
salman we only need co2 emitted... it says for 1km 108g co2 is formed so for 100 km ofcourse 10800g co2 will be formed or emitted

Reaction score
but H2O is also formed as a product right? The amount should therefore be shared between the two?
that is something that isnt mentioned in the question we cant assume things unless its stated its only stated for 1 km this formed so for 100 x forms....use cross multiplication all other aspects i dont think we need to consider and I GUESS that 1km for which it says 108 g maybe its the final carbon mass after sharing for 1 km then what us nazr se dekho question ko

Reaction score
that is something that isnt mentioned in the question we cant assume things unless its stated its only stated for 1 km this formed so for 100 x forms....use cross multiplication all other aspects i dont think we need to consider and I GUESS that 1km for which it says 108 g maybe its the final carbon mass after sharing for 1 km then what us nazr se dekho question ko
Ahan but bro see the equation
2C8H18 + 25O2 = 16CO2 + 18H2O
so this H2O is basically the product of Octane right because when Alkanes undergo combustion they form, CO2 and H2O.
So we can't say that all the Octane that is used up would make CO2, some might also make H2O right?

Reaction score
All those who were worried why it was Cl- ion which was being discharged...i got this from the Xtreme Revision...

"Oxygen from OH- from water is always discharged at the anode except in one case, this is if the other negative ion is a halide"

Reaction score
What is the relationship of VOLTAGE with RESISTANCE ?? and how would a RESISTANCE/CURRENT graph look like ??

Reaction score
What is the relationship of VOLTAGE with RESISTANCE ?? and how would a RESISTANCE/CURRENT graph look like ??

voltage and resistance are inversely proportional if you keep the current constant as u can see from V=IR

and as R and I are inversely propotional then you can see that the graph would be like thisgraphIR.gif

Reaction score
All those who were worried why it was Cl- ion which was being discharged...i got this from the Xtreme Revision...

"Oxygen from OH- from water is always discharged at the anode except in one case, this is if the other negative ion is a halide"
not true... o2 is liberated if the other negative ion is not concentrated

Reaction score
voltage and resistance are inversely proportional if you keep the current constant as u can see from V=IR

and as R and I are inversely propotional then you can see that the graph would be like thisView attachment 8540
According to Ohm's law i.e. E=IR. When we increase resistance, keeping current constant, voltage will increase as in the above formula since E and R are directly proportional.
U got the graph right but voltage and resistance are directly propotional !!

Reaction score
i was wondering well here is a circuit with a battery that supplies 6 volts if we put either 20 ohm resister or 30 whatever the amount is the battery still supplies 6 volts it isnt like that if we put 10 ohm resister the voltage gets higher value than 6 battery is still supllying a constant 6 volts regardless of the resistance offered by the resister.....so how is voltage directly proportional to resistance??? i may be wrong