• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
can someone explain to me how blood circulates the whole body (with steps) especially inside the heart and explain when blood become oxygenated and DE-oxygenated

Reaction score
can someone explain to me how blood circulates the whole body (with steps) especially inside the heart and explain when blood become oxygenated and DE-oxygenated

like each and every part of it?

Reaction score
When the blood enters the hearth via the vana cava it is de-oxygenated as it pass through the right atrium into the right ventricle and than in the lungs via the pulmanary artery it becomes oxygenated and enters the heart in the left atrium via pulmanary vein and than in left ventricle and is then passed into the rest of the body with great pressure via the aorta .... Hope this helped :)

Reaction score

Double circulation in humans have four chambered heart, two atria, two ventricles, that this structure allows teh complete seperation of oxygen poor and oxygen rich blood, thus lead to better supply of oxygen or respiration. Since it is called double circulation, we will have two loops for circulation which are pulmonary adn systemic circulation. In the pulmonary circulation, the right ventricle will pump oxygen poor blood out of heart, and into arteries, since arteries have muscular wall, they will direct the blood into pulmonary capilaries where the oxygen poor blood can exhange for more oxygen and respectively lower its CO2 concentration. Then the blood will travel through veins, enter left atrium. Left ventricle will pump oxygen rich blood into arteries and arrive at the systemic capilaries to provide oxygen and pick up CO2, then go into veins adn back to the right atrim.
Double circualtion ensures a vigorous flow of blood to the brains, muscles, and other organs because the second time beat, after it loses pressure in the capilary bed in the lung.