• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
well the resistance will be highest when the potential divider is allowing current to pass through...wait let me just check it again..:)
sorry..
Examiner report says large number of student opted wrong answer ....RIGHT one is option A .... But why A i need some help... I did got the maximim reading but how is minimum value zero.....

Reaction score
Examiner report says large number of student opted wrong answer ....RIGHT one is option A .... But why A i need some help... I did got the maximim reading but how is minimum value zero.....

sorry i did not question right..
wait..:D
i accidently took the values of R

asd

Reaction score
A is the answer, well i never used that V(out) formula. Here is the explanation: see the total em.f is 4V, if the Potential divider is at highest resistance, there will be 2V-2V p.d across both resistors because in this case the resistance of both becomes the same and the voltage will be divided. If the potential divider goes to 0 ohms, there will be no resistance and therefore the reading should be 0V.

Hope this helps!! :D

Reaction score
A is the answer, well i never used that V(out) formula. Here is the explanation: see the total em.f is 4V, if the Potential divider is at highest resistance, there will be 2V-2V p.d across both resistors because in this case the resistance of both becomes the same and the voltage will be divided. If the potential divider goes to 0 ohms, there will be no resistance and therefore the reading should be 0V.

Hope this helps!! :D

o ohms - o volts??

Reaction score
okai guyz...tomorrow is biology paper 6. any advices on what shoul i focus on plz ? im terrified of tomorrow's exam :unsure: