• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
how do we prepare chemistry atp? i only know the oxidising & reducing agent, titration, something ask very long about calculating mole, anion&cation test is included everytime... anymore is important? have they changed the questioning style? :coffee:

Reaction score
how do we prepare chemistry atp? i only know the oxidising & reducing agent, titration, something ask very long about calculating mole, anion&cation test is included everytime... anymore is important? have they changed the questioning style? :coffee:
if u have chemistry pastpapers than read first few pages they have all the necessary knowledge required for atp paper. n no i dont think so

Reaction score
Yes, pattern's changed!!! It would be of 60 marks now instead of 30 with the same weight-age! So chances of repetition of any question are not more than 50%!
Because all past papers from 2000-2011 follow the same format with same question just different values but this time around they WOULD HAVE TO ADD SOMETHING OUT OF THE BLUE TO COVER UP THE EXTRA 30 MARKS!
Hope you understand!(y)

Reaction score
can anyone tell from where can i get ms of 2000-2002 chem atp pprz
No one can, this question is a completely different league for GOOGLE as well! Previous past papers for GCE o'levels are found nowhere!
So i feel sorry about you!
However if an miracle happens and someone comes up with them, then do inform me as welll.:D

Reaction score
Yes, pattern's changed!!! It would be of 60 marks now instead of 30 with the same weight-age! So chances of repetition of any question are not more than 50%!
Because all past papers from 2000-2011 follow the same format with same question just different values but this time around they WOULD HAVE TO ADD SOMETHING OUT OF THE BLUE TO COVER UP THE EXTRA 30 MARKS!
Hope you understand!(y)
any specimen paper?

Reaction score
Not in my knowledge!
Just have to study hard and be prepared for the worst! Simple formula to tackle the new pattern
ha ha.
btw where did you get this info?
i used to think chem atp is the easiest. now its gonna be difficult too =/

Reaction score
ha ha.
btw where did you get this info?
i used to think chem atp is the easiest. now its gonna be difficult too =/
Our teacher attended the British Council Workshop, there it was said that Chemistry's ATP pattern would be changed for 2012 M/J!
Yea, as per my thinking the toughness would be far beyond the level of any who would take it easy!
So to conclude we are gonna die bad tomorrow!;)

Reaction score
Hope you understand!(y)
oyee... u sure r spreading the wrong news!:confused: i just checked the total marks for June 2005 chem ATP they are 60:rolleyes:..check this http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge International O Level/Chemistry (5070)/5070_s05_ms_4.pdf Paper 4 (Alternative to Practical), maximum mark 60
Hope you understand!(y)(nothin out of blue moon:p)

Reaction score
Reaction score
HERE"S A QUESION::
do we have to extend the graph (a curve) to the y-axis even if the value for it is not given?? like if our values starting on x-axis is not equal to 0 still do we have to extend the graph? see Question 11 from Nov/Dec 1999 p4 chemistry.

Reaction score
oyee... u sure r spreading the wrong news!:confused: i just checked the total marks for June 2005 chem ATP they are 60:rolleyes:..check this http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge International O Level/Chemistry (5070)/5070_s05_ms_4.pdf Paper 4 (Alternative to Practical), maximum mark 60
Hope you understand!(y)(nothin out of blue moon:p)
This info was told to me by my teacher who said that marks are doubled!! She attended the British Council Workshop and wouldn't make up on her own!
If not the marks then something else's changes!
And dont worry even without the pattern change a definite six sense says something would come that would surprise many!!

Reaction score
in the CHEM ATP
to how many decimal places do we h ave to round our answer to?
e.g if the number of moles is 0.000247
sometimes they round off in the markscheme and sometimes they do..so wat should i do?

Reaction score
ommmmggg
thank you. i nearly got an heart attack AND gave my teacher one too =P
she is going to kill me now :(
confirm? no pattern change?
I passed on the news that my teacher told me!
So probably its a 50-50!
But seriously who cares for the pattern! Just practice past papers and know everything (that is required)
And BOOM A* for the taking!

Reaction score
in the CHEM ATP
to how many decimal places do we h ave to round our answer to?
e.g if the number of moles is 0.000247
sometimes they round off in the markscheme and sometimes they do..so wat should i do?
mostly u shud just write to 3 sig. fig. and not more than that or u'll get penalised. and this value u gave is in 3 si.fig. so its correct.

Reaction score
Q. when we write a test for a gas (e.g. Hydrogen) then do we also need to write the result of the test (e.g. bring a lighted splint in contact and the gas burns with a pop sound or do we just write bring a lighted splint in contct with the gas and its enugh)??