• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
wat r the catalysts that r used in cracking of hydrocarbons?specially the ones used in the apparatus where there is this tube in which there is a cotton plug soaked in hydrocarbon oil leading to a tube that hv a catalyst nd then ethene is collected abv a water tank in a test tube.
aluminium oxide catalyst is used there.

Reaction score
wat r the catalysts that r used in cracking of hydrocarbons?specially the ones used in the apparatus where there is this tube in which there is a cotton plug soaked in hydrocarbon oil leading to a tube that hv a catalyst nd then ethene is collected abv a water tank in a test tube.
that process is called cracking and the catalyst used is Al2O3...or aluminium oxide..:D

Reaction score
so you got your answer...?

and in the barium sulphite case you can write either than
cuz after all its Barium reacting with sulphate...;)
Barium reacts with the sulphite, too. I mean there is no guarantee it WAS a sulphate. The book just causes problems!

Reaction score
Fermentation
Hydrogenation
Hydrolysis
Hydration
Cracking
Addition
Substitution
Esterification
Polymerisation
Fractional Distillation of Crude Oil

Did i missed anything? which is in organic.. now tell me which catalyst is used for each if there is used any.