• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
can anyone tell me what is the purpose of NPN transistor and potentiometer... bistable and astable circuits

I think ull be better of leaving this part its absolutely difficult to understand and most even the most renowned teachers leave this topic as it comes in optional as indicated in the syllabus so it will only be in option not in P4 or P1 either !
But if u still wanna understand then go ahead its kinda useless as u dont get it in Alevels this topic !

Reaction score
I think ull be better of leaving this part its absolutely difficult to understand and most even the most renowned teachers leave this topic as it comes in optional as indicated in the syllabus so it will only be in option not in P4 or P1 either !
But if u still wanna understand then go ahead its kinda useless as u dont get it in Alevels this topic !

yeah man its too hard i dont know why is this topic included in syllabus

Reaction score
can someone please explain this to me? we dont have a good chemistry teacher and he doesnt explain anything, so please cooperate.
Cu does not react with H2So4 because H2 is above Cu in reactivity series.... right?
So why does CuO react with H2SO4 and in what cases will metals below Hydrogen react with acids? should they be an oxide of the metal?
please if you can, explain fully.

Reaction score
Your confused.

Cu cant DISPLACE H2 from any compound of H2. Condition only applies if Cu is in elematal form and H2 in Compound form. e.g if Cu is reacted with Water(H2O) nothing happens , as H2 is more reactive. Get this much. but reaction of CuO with H2SO4 is an Acid - Base Reaction. Both are in compound form. So Reactivity Series doesn't apply. Inshort. Reactivity Series displays the tendency of a metal to displace another metal from it's compund. Hope you understand.

Reaction score
Can any one help me with D.C Motor and A.C Generator? I tried reading different books but don't seem to understand . Does any one here have any notes that could teach me this? Help will be appreciated.

Reaction score
Reaction score
can someone please explain this to me? we dont have a good chemistry teacher and he doesnt explain anything, so please cooperate.
Cu does not react with H2So4 because H2 is above Cu in reactivity series.... right?
So why does CuO react with H2SO4 and in what cases will metals below Hydrogen react with acids? should they be an oxide of the metal?
AS fAR as i know ,I think all the metals below H in the reactivity series cannot react with dilute sulphuric acid( a point to be remembered) while there are chances that they can react with concentrated sulphuric acid!!
P.S the reaction u are talking about is a nuetralization reaction in which an acid reacts with an Alkali(CuO is a basic oxide or alkali) and as your question says "should they be an oxide of metal" this is not necessarily needed oxides act as acid or alkali in nuetralization reaction!!

Reaction score

yup it wont react with acids but it does react with conc acids at high temperatures !
CuO reacts with sulfuric acid as multixamza said !
Dont mix it up !

Reaction score
AS fAR as i know ,I think all the metals below H in the reactivity series cannot react with dilute sulphuric acid( a point to be remembered) while there are chances that they can react with concentrated sulphuric acid!!
P.S the reaction u are talking about is a nuetralization reaction in which an acid reacts with an Alkali(CuO is a basic oxide or alkali) and as your question says "should they be an oxide of metal" this is not necessarily needed oxides act as acid or alkali in nuetralization reaction!!

???? o_O
Well what do u mean by the bold words above !
Metal oxides act as bases while non metals act as acids and only amphoteric oxides act as both so it wud be better !