• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
This one is also used sometimes:

Potassium -> Please
Sodium -> Send
Calcium -> Charlie
Magnesium -> Monkey
Aluminium -> And
Zinc -> Zebras
Iron -> In
Lead -> Large
Copper -> Cages
Mercury -> Most
Silver -> Securely
Gold -> Guarded

Reaction score
Normally this is the reactivity series of metals......... hydrogen is not a metal so isnt included........ BUT we should know that Hydrogen is between lead and copper

Reaction score
You may use the previous posted ones........ having hydrogen..... salmanpakrocks one is very good ...... in my first days i used to learn like that :)

Reaction score
i used mary jones and jones for bio..... its endorsed book

used federal physics for physics..... and bit of explaining physics

Reaction score
http://www.xtremepapers.com/revision/gcse/chemistry/stoichiometry.php
umm in the explanation of neutralization reaction here, there are two equations given. one has the products salt n water. other has salt, water n carbon dioxide gas.can any1 tell me wht are the different circumstances? in both cases bases have reacted with acids.
help plzzzz??? n soon
thanku

Aint this wrong according to almost all books that i have bases are oxides and hydroxides of metals and not carbonates so this is not a neutralization reaction,i think so correct me if im wrong in eg. in books it is given as a charecteristic reaction of acids and in neutralization this is not given so some one might want to see what im saying ??

Reaction score
so wherever carbonates react with acid they form salt, water and CO2?
is this reaction correct? HCl + CaCO3 > H2CO3 + H2O + CO2

btw, thanku
i guess this reaction is not correct whenever a carbonate reacts with an acid, salt,CO2 and water is formed

HCl + CaCO3 > CaCl2+CO2+H20 (u can balance if its not)

Reaction score
Aint this wrong according to almost all books that i have bases are oxides and hydroxides of metals and not carbonates so this is not a neutralization reaction,i think so correct me if im wrong in eg. in books it is given as a charecteristic reaction of acids and in neutralization this is not given so some one might want to see what im saying ??
Scoursfic u r surely right, this is given as one of the characteristics of acids in many book,however u must be aware that Calcium carbonate is also used in liming or reducing the acidty of soil which means it acts as an alkali. So when an acid reacts with with alkali nuetralization reaction occur( do correct me if i am wrong about how it can be nuetralization since in this only salt and water are formed) We must modify the revision notes if its wrong

Hope this helped

Reaction score
yeah but lime is a loose word it is also used for CaO and Ca(OH)2 which are mostly used instead of calcium carbonate in the syllabus i think they have given Ca(OH)2 as lime ! But worth exploring this phenomena ill see and tell u soon !

Reaction score
yeah but lime is a loose word it is also used for CaO and Ca(OH)2 which are mostly used instead of calcium carbonate in the syllabus i think they have given Ca(OH)2 as lime ! But worth exploring this phenomena ill see and tell u soon !
yes CuOH2 and CuO are prior to CaCO3 but it is also used widely
And tell me if u find anything regarding this
Thanks

Reaction score
but HCL is an Acid and CaCO3 is a base, then that would be neutrilization reaction wouldn't it?