• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
YEah i will research more on none other then GOOGLE HAHAH lets see what we all get and lets wait for Nibz and XPF members reply if u have time ask abcde or the old Ghalya i have no idea abt the new name !;):(

Reaction score
it h
it do not proves that reaction of acid and carbonate is a neutralization reaction and there are no examples of this type of reaction under "acid-base" heading!! i will have to ask my teacher about it .A very important problem isnt it?
yes, i will consult my teacher too, but i think i got the point which silent hunter is trying to say.

Reaction score
although calcium corbonate acts as a base..... its reaction also produces co2 which is not in the defination of the reaction of neutralisation!!

thats what i think. (correct me if am wrong) :)

Reaction score
then if this is the thing someone needs to edit the reaction in notes and put it under the reactions of acid !

Reaction score
the notes in Xtreme papers revision section those gave up this talking point go back 2 or 3 pgs and u will see it !

Reaction score
In terms of Carbonates the reaction is always: CARBONATE+ACID--> SALT + WATER + CABONDIOXIDE.
A3(s)
(aq)
+
O
(l)
+ CO
2(g)

Reaction score
the acid-base reactions on this site says tht acids n bases react to form salt and water. please dunt say tht carbonate thng is wrong. i wrote tht on my test :'(
guyz confirm it fastt pleaseee
In terms of carbonates the reaction is always:
CARBONATE + ACID --> SALT + WATER + CARBONDIOXIDE.

Reaction score
In chemistry, neutralization is a chemical reaction in which an acid and a base react to form a salt and water
But in the case of carbonates CO2 is also made..... which isnt the product of neutralisation reaction!!

wish u had told this an hour earlier. :'(
i spoiled my test with tht earlier concept tht it was included in neutralization :'(
anyway, thncx every1. n yea. do correct it in the revision site