• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Firstly multizamza01 stop using words that offend others, secondly yes its conformed, When Carbonate are included that it is NOT a neutrilization reaction. Now please continue with other queries.

Reaction score
can anyone answer me please

Sorry mate i neglected ur post as i saw it and continued with my post so i apologise for it !

The radiation emitted and the half life help to determine in what way they can be used !
like for eg. in fire alarms radiation is used to detect smoke from fires this is done by having a suitable detector attached at the top and a radiation passed to the detector by an alpha radiation emitting device installed in a safe place the alpha radiation is constantly supplied to the detector but when there is smoke this disturbs the alpha radiation and therefore no radiation reaches the detector which triggers the alarm which tells u u have a fire in ur home ! :(
the question is how the radiation and half life help us well here is how !
Alpha radiation is used as its path can be disturbed by very small objects like paper and so smoke disturbs its path so we want to use alpha and not beta and gamma which would still proceed through smoke ! the half life for the emitter tells u how long it will go on until it gets worn out and needs replacement so since no one wants the fire alarm to go out quickily and buy the emitter again so we use a alpha radiation with a long half life rather then a short one !

other uses for radiation rays like gamma include finding out a leak in an underground pipe by the help of a short half life gamma rays this is common sense why u use a short half life gamma ray ? :D and for beta u have the use of finding the liquid or milk levels in a TETRA PACK where a beta emitter is passed through one side of the pack and simultaneously an emitter collects the reading of the source wherever the reading starts to change the liquid level finishes there beta is used as it can pass through the walls of the pack easily and it has long half life so that it can be used again and again and doesnt worn out making the factory owners balance sheet go in loss ! :p

Ill explain the pipe one in detail if u want and ill also clarify anything u dont understand so dont bother asking !

Reaction score
10 C
16 C
21 A
26 C

First tell if my answers are correct then ill explain dnt worry !

Reaction score
well i need to know is the reaction in hell exothermic or endo thermic ?
and is atom a living thing or non.living?
and when we inhale cold air why do we exhale hot air? o_O

Reaction score
well i need to know is the reaction in hell exothermic or endo thermic ?
and is atom a living thing or non.living?
and when we inhale cold air why do we exhale hot air? o_O

ALLAH knows abt hell but im pretty sure its an exothermic reaction which releases a whole lot of heat !

Atom is non living it doesnt breathe at all or reproduce :p

we exhale hot air as when the air goes inside our body it gets the warm heat from our constant body tem so it becomes warm !

FOR Salman !

16. See in a dynamic equilibrium reaction,although not in syllabus search for Le CHATELIERS principle and ull see what wonders it does !
it says that any changes to a system in dynamic equilibrium result in that system opposing that change so,when u add more of T the system straight away wants dynamic equilibrium back and therefore it goes to convert extra T and the S available into P,Q and R back and bring it to the normal concentration!

21 Remember this reaction !

whenever ammonia salts are reacted by a base ammonia gas is givien off as a product with other products so thats what happens there !

22.Is abt Steel becoming rusted due to air and water vapour in air which results in less pressure of air in the column of tube therefore to fill this pressure some water goes up til the height of C , im too also a bit confused on this one ill check this out too !

Reaction score
Does ur book have this principle if not do read this its very informative and helps u in HABER,COntact etc !

Reaction score
Does ur book have this principle if not do read this its very informative and helps u in HABER,COntact etc !
no I don't have that, but have read it on wikipedia. :)
So basically the principle states that when we increase the concentration of the forward reaction, the amount of backward reaction increases.

Reaction score
The thing is that i have the IGCSE book also prescribed in our syllabus,of Richard Harwood it helped me a lot but its pretty expensive but got to say its worth it !

Reaction score
As science defines it, to be living, a thing must be capable of growth, reproduction and metabolism.
atom doesnt grow ? so it shouldn't be a living thing..... correct or not? thats what i think.
and and yes as said earlier ........ our body temperature is more than our surroundings...... so comparatively colder air goes in while warm one comes out.......

Reaction score
As science defines it, to be living, a thing must be capable of growth, reproduction and metabolism.
atom doesnt grow ? so it shouldn't be a living thing..... correct or not? thats what i think.
and and yes as said earlier ........ our body temperature is more than our surroundings...... so comparatively colder air goes in while warm one comes out.......

Yup in order to be a living being the specimen shud qualify for the defination of a living being which the atom doesnt do !

Reaction score
well its like u take ur heat with ur self ..in hell so y not endo?
if atom is non-living then everything is made up of atom so everything should be non-living!
ALLAH knows abt hell but im pretty sure its an exothermic reaction which releases a whole lot of heat !

Atom is non living it doesnt breathe at all or reproduce :p

we exhale hot air as when the air goes inside our body it gets the warm heat from our constant body tem so it becomes warm !

FOR Salman !

16. See in a dynamic equilibrium reaction,although not in syllabus search for Le CHATELIERS principle and ull see what wonders it does !
it says that any changes to a system in dynamic equilibrium result in that system opposing that change so,when u add more of T the system straight away wants dynamic equilibrium back and therefore it goes to convert extra T and the S available into P,Q and R back and bring it to the normal concentration!

21 Remember this reaction !

whenever ammonia salts are reacted by a base ammonia gas is givien off as a product with other products so thats what happens there !

22.Is abt Steel becoming rusted due to air and water vapour in air which results in less pressure of air in the column of tube therefore to fill this pressure some water goes up til the height of C , im too also a bit confused on this one ill check this out too !