• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
why KNO3 can not be chosen as a reagent for preparing potassium chloride salt?

Since there will be no double displacement, for e.g if you chose to react KNO3 with HCl, the H wont be able to displace K nor will the Cl be able to displace NO3 hence no reaction will take place.

Reaction score
why KNO3 can not be chosen as a reagent for preparing potassium chloride salt?
i guess coz both the products formed are soluble
e.g
KNO3(aq)+HCl(aq)--->KCl(aq)+HNO3(aq)
KNo3(aq)+AgCl(s)--->KCl(aq)+AgNO3(aq)
its not suitable as we cant seperate them....
(correct me if m wrong)

Reaction score
for first 2 mols of h ions in the sulfuric acid so it has double its concentration as it has double the moles of sulphuric acid and for other part iron reacts with oxygen which is 20% od air so 80% left.
If I wanted to know the answers, I would have consulted the marking Scheme, Can I be bestowed with an explaination please?
for first 2 mols of h ions in the sulfuric acid so it has double its concentration as it has double the moles of sulphuric acid and for other part iron reacts with oxygen which is 20% od air so 80% left.happy your highness ;)

Reaction score
for first 2 mols of h ions in the sulfuric acid so it has double its concentration as it has double the moles of sulphuric acid and for other part iron reacts with oxygen which is 20% od air so 80% left.for first 2 mols of h ions in the sulfuric acid so it has double its concentration as it has double the moles of sulphuric acid and for other part iron reacts with oxygen which is 20% od air so 80% left.happy your highness ;)
Hey Thanks but I didn't get it. You say that the concentration would be doubled? how?
And I got the second part, Thank you.