• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
heyy guys can anyone explain this answer:

Q. what is the advantage of using a smaller compass?
A. It can be used to allign the weak magnetic fields
o_O :confused:
see if its a bigger compass,it will be difficult to draw all the points in the magnetic field and the points will be far away...So the magnetic lines drawn will not be accurate or clear. :)

Reaction score
*deep breaths* dude that is EXACTLY what i asked that WHY are SMALLER compasses more sensitive to magnetic fields! anywys i got the answers but another one wud again go apprecited :)
weLL i came up to an answer that biger the needle more the force is required to deflect due to more mass but paradox error gave similar answer so I pacified.. :D

Reaction score
weLL i came up to an answer that biger the needle more the force is required to deflect due to more mass but paradox error gave similar answer so I pacified.. :D
hahahahhaa no. See our Sir told us,the more bigger the compass-the more area it will cover on the paper,so the more area it will cover-the lesser would be the area for putting up the points.This is because wen we put a point,we put the back of the compass at that point,and then where the needle points-place another point.So if the compass is small,the lesser the area it would cover ant the closer the points will be,so the more accurate our magnetic field lines will be..... *shuu*

Reaction score
hahahahhaa no. See our Sir told us,the more bigger the compass-the more area it will cover on the paper,so the more area it will cover-the lesser would be the area for putting up the points.This is because wen we put a point,we put the back of the compass at that point,and then where the needle points-place another point.So if the compass is small,the lesser the area it would cover ant the closer the points will be,so the more accurate our magnetic field lines will be..... *shuu*
LOL thts wht i Meant by "Localised Points" :D :D

Reaction score
I got ur point but it still doesnt make sense... according to ur reasoning we would get less magnetic lines, it doesnt refer ro strength of the magnet...

Reaction score
no...lithium is more reactive than rubidium...do u remember the reactivity series?
RUBIDIUM IS MORE REACTIVE!!!! REACTIVITY INCREASES IN GROUP I DOWN THE GROUP!!!!!! anyway, rubidium and lithium arent in the reactivity series!!

Reaction score
you too mean the same thing i guess..:|
nO,
advantage of using smaller compass over bigger compass while drawing magnetic lines is what she said....
but she didnt give accurated explanation weak magnet
No Offence it is just wat I think.. :)