• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
RUBIDIUM IS MORE REACTIVE!!!! REACTIVITY INCREASES IN GROUP I DOWN THE GROUP!!!!!! anyway, rubidium and lithium arent in the reactivity series!!
i knowww...yar i was talking about water,...anyways everything is clear now.

Reaction score
oh right I got it....so wat will be the answer for that?
As far as i would have written
Weak field lines would not have influenced bigger magnet cause its mass would be greater and required force to turn would be more.
I know my answers sounds lame, I cant frame it properly

Reaction score
it doesnt give clear idea...ques was y bigger magnets cant be effected by weak magnetic field... pic just shows that weak magnetic field doesnt effect big compass
lol no it shows tht we cant know if the magnetic field existed between tht area ( b/w the area free of field and the area having magnetic field) we can c the magnetic field lines for specified area even (thts wat i meant wid localized points) :(

Reaction score
lol no it shows tht we cant know if the magnetic field existed between tht area ( b/w the area free of field and the area having magnetic field) we can c the magnetic field lines for specified area even (thts wat i meant wid localized points) :(
I did say ur answer as satisfactory... and yes u are ryt about da pic but ques y was big compass is not effected by weak magnetic lines..
Come on its not something to make fuss of

Reaction score
And here goes a proper framed response for the query of why a smaller compass is used:
  1. Cheaper/portable
  2. a greater force is needed to turn needle of larger compass, so it will only detect field lines close to magnet (further away from magnet, it will be deflected by earth's magnetic field, so inaccurate results)
  3. there would be a greater distance between the points, causing an inaccurate field line to be plotted (eg, it will be less curved, etc)
  4. there would be distance between the field lines, indicating a weakness of magnetic, whereas it is caused by monstrosity of compass (this by far, is the lamest point :p)

Reaction score
I did say ur answer as satisfactory... and yes u are ryt about da pic but ques y was big compass is not effected by weak magnetic lines..
Come on its not something to make fuss of
weak magnetic field lines means weak magnetic field there thus weaker force or propulsion weak enuff tht it cant push the compass needle thus compass would show no magnetic field there (it will point likely as south seeking pole and north seeking pole on earth)

Reaction score
And here goes a proper framed response for the query of why a smaller compass is used:
  1. Cheaper/portable
  2. a greater force is needed to turn needle of larger compass, so it will only detect field lines close to magnet (further away from magnet, it will be deflected by earth's magnetic field, so inaccurate results)
  3. there would be distance between the points, causing an inaccurate field line to be plotted (eg, it will be less curved, etc)
  4. there would be distance between the field lines, indicating a weakness of magnetic, whereas it is caused by monstrosity of compass (this by far, is the lamest point :p)

wat was required was 2nd point only :)
bdw wats monstrosity..?? :D:whistle: