• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
wats flue gas desulfurisation??...detail plz
flue gas desulfurisation involves CaCO3 which reats with sulphur dioxide to form calcium sulphide and carbon dioxide preventing SO2 from escaping into air as it might cause acid rain!..:)

Reaction score
By the look of things it seems Chemistry MCQ's are alot difficult than the Theory!
Damn! It means i wasted my time doing Theory Papers for one complete day!

Reaction score
By the look of things it seems Chemistry MCQ's are alot difficult than the Theory!
Damn! It means i wasted my time doing Theory Papers for one complete day!
yeah right....i got 10 wrong the last time i did them just coz i was goin to the depth which wasnt required....:D

Reaction score
yeah right....i got 10 wrong the last time i did them just coz i was goin to the depth which wasnt required....:D
As a matter of fact, i'm worst in MCQ's! 75-79% IS what i normally get! Any tips on that?

Reaction score
How to find the focal length?
Below is my guess, correct me if i'm wrong!
Keep objects at varying lengths from the lens, wherever the the image formed is of the same size as the object that distance should be marked.
That distance should be 2F! Halving it would give the focal length!

Reaction score
When silver chloride is exposed to light, a redox reaction occurs. The solid turns grey in color....explain why the solid turns grey...why it is a redox reaction...

Reaction score
When silver chloride is exposed to light, a redox reaction occurs. The solid turns grey in color....explain why the solid turns grey...why it is a redox reaction...
it decomposes in presence of light to form silver giving it a grey colour and silver ions are being reduced to silver atom and chloride ions oxidized to clorine gas so a redox reaction

Reaction score
it decomposes in presence of light to form silver giving it a grey colour and silver ions are being reduced to silver atom and chloride ions oxidized to clorine gas so a redox reaction

why? could you explain it a bit, like why does it happen? i have never understood that concept myself.