• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Another confusion everyone *heads up* :p

When we label the axes on a graph, if one of the axes is supposed to be 'nuber of sth.' lets say "number of bounces" and is represented as "N" . how do we write it?? i mean we can't write the unit for it but we are supposed to label the graph like "l/cm" ryt?? shud we leave it at that or what??
just ryt number of bounces ... it really depends on d situation

Reaction score
Ok just someone tell if catalysts affects equilibrium in reversible reactions.... I know that it reduces activation energy but it doesnt increase the amount of actual product at the end ... Help will be appreciated.. >:)

Reaction score
How to find the focal length?
Below is my guess, correct me if i'm wrong!
Keep objects at varying lengths from the lens, wherever the the image formed is of the same size as the object that distance should be marked.
That distance should be 2F! Halving it would give the focal length!

Reaction score
Ok just someone tell if catalysts affects equilibrium in reversible reactions.... I know that it reduces activation energy but it doesnt increase the amount of actual product at the end ... Help will be appreciated.. >:)
No it never increases the product!

Reaction score
why? could you explain it a bit, like why does it happen? i have never understood that concept myself.
you see just remember silver as a metal that is unreactive to such an extent that it will decompose redily to form metal. just like in chloride. as soon as recieves soler energy it decomposes.

Reaction score
look...
in conduction, the molecules of the solid vibrate vigourously (for obv reasons) and they pass their kinetic energy but hitting the other molecules and thus heat travels..
let me ask you a question , how would the electrons carry heat?? they move on a orbit ..:|
plus the convection is movement of molecules so that can never happen in a solid (for obv reasons) :)
XCUSE ME!! he electrons of metals are NOT in the orbits. they are delocalised!! that's the whole point of the metals being good conductors because they have a SEA OF ELECtRONS that helps to carry the heat/electricity! o_O

Reaction score
How to find the focal length?
Below is my guess, correct me if i'm wrong!
Keep objects at varying lengths from the lens, wherever the the image formed is of the same size as the object that distance should be marked.
That distance should be 2F! Halving it would give the focal length!
I would say vary the distance of lens from a whit screen with light source near optical axis (horizon) ...when u get SHARPEST image measure perpendicular distance btween screen and lens

Reaction score
please explain this question if anyone can:

From which ammonium salt can the greatest mass of ammonia b obtained?
A) 0.5 mole (NH3)2PO4
B) 0.5 mole (NH4)2SO4
C) 1 mole NH4Cl
D) 1 mole NH4NO3

Reaction score
please explain this question if anyone can:

From which ammonium salt can the greatest mass of ammonia b obtained?
A) 0.5 mole (NH3)2PO4
B) 0.5 mole (NH4)2SO4
C) 1 mole NH4Cl
D) 1 mole NH4NO3
frst mcq should have NH4 instead of NH3