• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Don't know about biology students but a commerce student in my class gets furious over the fact that computer is so easy and is annoyed by the fact that we get good grades in it! :D

Reaction score
Don't know about biology students but a commerce student in my class gets furious over the fact that computer is so easy and is annoyed by the fact that we get good grades in it! :D

Wow, and i thought humanities subjects were the easiest

Reaction score
Computer is logical and comprises of common sense and general knowledge. I find it very easy!

yup its easy. Just like geography. But sometimes there are questions that kinda baffle me.....hmmmmmmmmm, btw aren't we going a bit off the thread topic? :D :O

Reaction score
I loved attempting geography and I love attempting Computer. :D
Yes, some questions are harder and more analytical.
We are going off topic, this thread is for sciences. :p

Reaction score
I loved attempting geography and I love attempting Computer. :D
Yes, some questions are harder and more analytical.
We are going off topic, this thread is for sciences. :p

yup i can say that i really love computers. But the subject gets a bit boring. I am more into the pseudocode, high level language stuff, and right now its missing. Heard the new computer syllabus is gonna focus more on that

Reaction score
Who cares now? The next batches are going to be lucky in that aspect but only 2 weeks left for us.

Reaction score
These are the exact words from this website http://ask.cie.org.uk/system/selfse...&USERTYPE=1&CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=33226
The process of grading in Cambridge O Level involves deciding the minimum mark necessary for each grade. We do not have predetermined thresholds (or quotas of candidates). After each examination series we decide the minimum marks for each threshold (grade boundaries) for each individual component. We carry out this process in order to ensure that the demands on the candidates are the same for every subject and every examination series. We are therefore unable to provide a general list of percentages required for each grade.

Reaction score
yeh kya baat hui :/ ?
there is a percentile system ie grades depend on how difficult the paper was like if very few people get 90%+ then CIE keeps A* on lower % like 80%.
This is why the CIE website cannot tell the grading and % of grades because it depends on how candidates attempted the paper
hope you understand now:)

Reaction score
can anyone tell me the role of the mosquito as a vector of disease???

They are a called the Host so the Female Mosquito lands on a human and sucks her blood and in that period she releases numerous amount of eggs in our blood stream. the person would have Malaria if the person is injected by the Mosquito who just took blood from a infected one.

If a person has sickle cell anemia than he wont be affected by malaria.he just cannot have this disease.It will not effect him at all. (That is an advantage of mutation)

Reaction score
They are a called the Host so the Female Mosquito lands on a human and sucks her blood and in that period she releases numerous amount of eggs in our blood stream. the person would have Malaria if the person is injected by the Mosquito who just took blood from a infected one.

If a person has sickle cell anemia than he wont be affected by malaria.he just cannot have this disease.It will not effect him at all. (That is an advantage of mutation)
thnx :)

Reaction score
Screen%20shot%202011-06-06%20at%20PM%2005.17.57.png

Which direction will the coil rotate???