• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
well i don't study bio. But still what little i know is that plants take in CO2 from the environment. then through sunlight, water and the chlorophyll, they turn the CO2 into glucose, oxygen and ENERGY. Now, this oxygen is used up by humans and we release CO2 in the respiratory process. Overall a cycle is formed of CO2 and Oxygen, and the plants constantly get energy from the CO2.

My answer might not be good enough as i do not study biology. Please someone correct me if i am wrong

Yeah I got what ur saying, but I dont think that's what they are talking about. If they were, they would have just written about the carbon cycle. And ths point was written with fossil fuels and Energy changes.. :/

Reaction score
I don't know too much about this but; it is a renewable resource since sunlight and air are two things that will never end (hence renewable), it uses the phenomenon of converting Light energy (sun) to Electrochemical energy, this process produces much more energy than other known renewable sources and has no waste products. Research is being done into this, using the reactions similar to those of fermentation and photosynthesis, energy is potentially going to be created, this is going to be in much larger quantity than other solar panels, it will involve a number of catalysts that speed up and control the process. Basically, it is a solar panel (light - electrical energy) which uses the process of photosynthesis to produce high amount of energy that is cheap and readily available, it is known as artificial photosynthesis I think. It has the advantages of being a clean, quick and cheap method of producing energy which uses the natural resources with no byproducts, however it will take lots of years to get this process running and it will be very expensive to start off the project! Hope that helps. :)
Where did u got that from? :p

Reaction score
Where did u got that from? :p
The initials from Fundamental Chemistry, the extra details from the internet; I read it a couple of months ago along with Hydrogen's potential of being a renewable energy source.

Reaction score
Isn't it part of Malaria? You are talking about chemistry or biology? This seems like biology to me. :confused:

Reaction score
Oh lol :p
I was terrified on seeing these terms! :p
I'm not a biology student, I'm taking Computer Studies. :)

Reaction score
Oh lol :p
I was terrified on seeing these terms! :p
I'm not a biology student, I'm taking Computer Studies. :)

Do you know if the scenario for paper 3 has come out yet? My school is too dumb, i don't think they have it yet anyway.

Reaction score
Do you know if the scenario for paper 3 has come out yet? My school is too dumb, i don't think they have it yet anyway.
Don't worry my friend; everybody's school is pretty dumb in this aspect. :p
I asked my teacher today, she said that it didn't come out till last week, and that she would check it tomorrow, so I'll get the updates tomorrow or on Saturday hopefully.

Reaction score
Don't worry my friend; everybody's school is pretty dumb in this aspect. :p
I asked my teacher today, she said that it didn't come out till last week, and that she would check it tomorrow, so I'll get the updates tomorrow or on Saturday hopefully.

I don't know why still there's the misconception in our schools that computer is not an important subject, and we should at least study bio till O levels. By the way, thanks for confirming that. Do pls post it here if you get it

Reaction score
The misconception is there because computer is easier to score off. They take it for granted.
Yeah sure I will.

Reaction score
The misconception is there because computer is easier to score off. They take it for granted.
Yeah sure I will.

Well most of the bio students in my class brag about how easy bio is. And seeing how logical computer studies can sometimes be, i am not sure which one is the more difficult :O