• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
For Metals, resistance increases as temperature increases. You're correct, if a larger current is passed through the wire, more energy will be dissipated in the form of heat energy and hence the temperature will increase which will bring about a change in the resistance. Hope that helps :)

Reaction score
Salam everyone, can someone help me pls. There was this question in Physics atp about the effect of temperature on the resistance of a wire, and to make a circuit diagram and explain how you would carry out an experiment to show the effect. Now i am unsure about it, but i think that the resistance of the wire would increase with the increasing temperature. Am i right? Also, in the experiment, how should i increase the temperature of the wire to take the readings? What about passing a large current through it? I hope someone can clear my confusion
Thanks
can u please quote the question no and the paper?

Reaction score
For Metals, resistance increases as temperature increases. You're correct, if a larger current is passed through the wire, more energy will be dissipated in the form of heat energy and hence the temperature will increase which will bring about a change in the resistance. Hope that helps :)

can u please quote the question no and the paper?

the problem is i don't know the question number or the year of the paper. I did it in a test in my school, and did not get the chance to ask the answer from the teacher. And he did not return the paper so i was not sure whether i was correct or not.

Reaction score
what is a genotype and a phenotype????
Genotype is the genetic makeup of a cell ,organism or an individual.whereas Phenotype is the organisms observable characteristic eg colour,hair etc.For example the genotype of a boy would be XY but phenotypically you can observe that he is a male.Hope that helps(y)

Reaction score
Genotype is the genetic makeup of a cell ,organism or an individual.whereas Phenotype is the organisms observable characteristic eg colour,hair etc.For example the genotype of a boy would be XY but phenotypically you can observe that he is a male.Hope that helps(y)
dude thnx alot i got it :)

Reaction score
REALLY CONFUSING CHEMISTRY​
A 10 cm 3 of a gaseous hydrocarbon is completely burnt in oxygen.The total volume of the products is 70 cm 3. All gas volumes are measured at r.t.p. Which equations represents the combustion of the hydrocarbon?​
A) CH4 (g) + 2O2 (g) = CO2 (g) + 2H2O (g)​
B) C2H4 (g) + 3O2 (g) = 2CO2 (g) + 2H2O (g)​
C) C3H8 (g) + 5O2 (g) = 3CO2 (g) + 4H2O (g)​
D) 2C2H6 (g) + 7O2 (g) = 4CO2 (g) + 6H2O (g)​
HELP NEEDED PLEASE!!!​

Reaction score
The answer is C. Volume = 10, therefore Moles of Carbon and Hydrogen = 10/24000 = 4.16 * 10^-4 mol. (where 24000=Molar gas volume). This is for reactants, for products, Volume= (4.16*10^-4*3*24000) + (4.16*10^-4*4+24000) cm^3 = 70 cm^3.

Reaction score
btw a question says write the phenotype of the leaf than what are we gonna write??
depends upon the Genotype of the leaf stated in The question or if you have to find it out yourself in some part of the question,
for eg:-
D is dominant allele for green leaves
d is recessive allele for brown leaves
the question asks you to find out phenotype of leaf
GENOTYPE Phenotype
DD Green
Dd Green
dd brown
dD Green
hope this example helps :)

Reaction score
depends upon the Genotype of the leaf stated in The question or if you have to find it out yourself in some part of the question,
for eg:-
D is dominant allele for green leaves
d is recessive allele for brown leaves
the question asks you to find out phenotype of leaf
GENOTYPE Phenotype
DD Green
Dd Green
dd brown
dD Green
hope this example helps :)
ohkay i got it thnx :)

Reaction score
The answer is C. Volume = 10, therefore Moles of Carbon and Hydrogen = 10/24000 = 4.16 * 10^-4 mol. (where 24000=Molar gas volume). This is for reactants, for products, Volume= (4.16*10^-4*3*24000) + (4.16*10^-4*4+24000) cm^3 = 70 cm^3.
i had a problem with the same question but I didn't really get it!can u please explain it in words mayb :-/