• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
I have this thing stuck in my head, probably because my concepts are not clear. Someone please help me with this. ASAP ofc :p The question is; When v electrolyse copper sulphate with inert electrodes, the copper is deposited at the cathode! Whereas the procedure for electroplatingWhen we electrolyse copper sulphate with copper as the anode and some other metal as the cathode the metal acting as cathode gets copper plated. WHY CAN'T WE JUST PLACE AN INERT ANODE AND THE METAL TO BE PLATED AS THE CATHODE AND DO ELECTROPLATING???? please xplain! :-/

In electroplating Copper on an object u place the object such as wire on to the Cathode and put impure copper on the anode and the electrolyte should be a copper salt. If u place an inert electrode than how can the e- Pass through and how will the copper be electroplated on the object. just think!

Reaction score
How can a car have a constant speed but changing velocity..Physics_Kinematics... PLEASE HELP!!
And how can a free falling body have a constant acceleration but zero velocity???

Reaction score
How can a car have a constant speed but changing velocity..Physics_Kinematics... PLEASE HELP!!
And how can a free falling body have a constant acceleration but zero velocity???
Constant speed and changing velocity happens in circular motion, when direction is contantly changing.
A free falling body reached a constant terminal velocity and zero acceleration when air resistance and weight become equal.

Reaction score
Constant speed and changing velocity happens in circular motion, when direction is contantly changing.
A free falling body reached a constant terminal velocity and zero acceleration when air resistance and weight become equal.
Good.. I salute your concept of Physics!

Reaction score
Hi. Can someone please explain how a thermocouple works and how we can use it to measure the temp of flame of bunsen burner? Also, I know a thermocouple is really sensitive but what's the reason behind that? Thanks in advance:)

Reaction score
Salam everyone, can someone help me pls. There was this question in Physics atp about the effect of temperature on the resistance of a wire, and to make a circuit diagram and explain how you would carry out an experiment to show the effect. Now i am unsure about it, but i think that the resistance of the wire would increase with the increasing temperature. Am i right? Also, in the experiment, how should i increase the temperature of the wire to take the readings? What about passing a large current through it? I hope someone can clear my confusion
Thanks