• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
By the way, you can never connect a voltmeter in series. It is always drawn parallel across a component to get its p.d or across the cell to get the e.m.f
Even in the case when we want to find the resistance of the wire?

Reaction score
By the way, you can never connect a voltmeter in series. It is always drawn parallel across a component to get its p.d or across the cell to get the e.m.f

look beta particles are the electrons flowing so the convectional current would be opposite to it

Reaction score
Even in the case when we want to find the resistance of the wire?
actually we use that formula for getting resistance of a wire resistance = resistivity *l/a. The resistivity of different metal wires is different but constant i-e all copper wires would have the same resistivity

Reaction score
Reaction score
tht is whts written in the marking scheme...but WHY?? i mean, the knowledge required to answer this is the knowledge of which topic/chapter??

actually i think it should be in the heat chapter. What it really means is what we have read as UNIFORM CHANGE. we have read it in the heat chapter for designing thermometer. It means that the change in length of the liquid should be the same for each 1 C increase in temperature. It should not be such that it increases 1cm for 1C and then 2 cm for the next 1 C. It should increase with the same length. When we say that it should be directly proportional, we mean that there is a constant k, in the equation. Hope you understand it better now

Reaction score
Precautions:
- Parallax error should be avoided. Eye placement should be correct when taking readings.
- All solutions (acids and alkalis) should be pure, impurities (such as indicators) should not be present (when preparing salts).
- The burrette should be clean and pure to avoid concentration errors.
- Care must be taken when handling/using acids/alkalis, they can cause skin burns.
- As acid (or alkali in some cases) is added to the flask, the flask should be regularly shaken to make sure that the mixture mixes properly.
- Care must be taken when adding the acid (or alkali) to the titration flask. It must be added drop by drop (not at once) so that the end point can be noted.
- All equipment, such as burrette, flask and pipette should be in proper condition. No leakages/impurities should be present.
- When the salt is prepared, the solution should be heated gently (not vigorously) to allow the water to evaporate from the solution.
Well, that's all I can think of right now. Hope that helps. :)
thanx(y)

Reaction score
Can anyone list all the transformation matrices? (including shear and stretch)

Reaction score
Saad Mughal though i have never seen it anywhere in any book, i just searched google and saw that Calcium carbonate is insoluble. I thought only group one and ammonium carbonates were insoluble?

Reaction score
Saad Mughal though i have never seen it anywhere in any book, i just searched google and saw that Calcium carbonate is insoluble. I thought only group one and ammonium carbonates were insoluble?
dude calcium hyrdoxide is partial soluble...how can carbonate be soluble?

Reaction score
actually i don't have a clue how this solubility thingy works, so i don't have any idea about your reasoning :cry:

oh well....um it goes like hydroxdes r most soluble(mostly the only form aqueous solutions)...then comes oxides n then carbonates....if v comapre these three on anion side