• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
I was thinking why not first calculate the theoretical critical angle, by calculating the refractive index first by sin i/ sin r. Then get the theoretical critical angle by n = i/sin c. in the end, compare this with the experimental value.
What is the experiment for measuring the effect of temperature on resistenc, how to used in circuit diagrams

Reaction score
draw ray diagrams to show how each forms an image are produced by single lens as magnifying glass in projecter, camera, and photographic enlarger....
how can i deal with this?//

Reaction score
my question and this one is almost the same and i don't know much about it except giving a h0t water bath to increase the temperature. Saad Mughal please do check both our questions and help :(
You're correct Usama, this sort of question came in one of the ATP's before too (I did it in class).
Equipment: Thermometer, Thermistor, Oil Bath/Water Bath, Stirrer, Heater.
The thermistor is immersed into the water bath and a thermometer is placed within the water bath (close to the thermistor). The water bath is heated using the heater and stirred frequently, it is heated until the thermometer gives the reading 90 deg. centigrade. The water in the bath is stirred and the heater is removed. After 10-15 seconds, the thermistor is at the same temperature as the water (i.e. 90 deg. centigrade). In this way, the temperature of the thermistor can be measured and varied.
I think this should be sufficient for 3-marks.

Reaction score
draw ray diagrams to show how each forms an image are produced by single lens as magnifying glass in projecter, camera, and photographic enlarger....
how can i deal with this?//
Do you have the book "A complete course for O'level" by Charles Chew?

Reaction score
You're correct Usama, this sort of question came in one of the ATP's before too (I did it in class).
Equipment: Thermometer, Thermistor, Oil Bath/Water Bath, Stirrer, Heater.
The thermistor is immersed into the water bath and a thermometer is placed within the water bath (close to the thermistor). The water bath is heated using the heater and stirred frequently, it is heated until the thermometer gives the reading 90 deg. centigrade. The water in the bath is stirred and the heater is removed. After 10-15 seconds, the thermistor is at the same temperature as the water (i.e. 90 deg. centigrade). In this way, the temperature of the thermistor can be measured and varied.
I think this should be sufficient for 3-marks.

and it is the same for the wire temperature experiment, right? for different values of temperature of wire and the resistance.

Reaction score
and it is the same for the wire temperature experiment, right? for different values of temperature of wire and the resistance.
Yes but for that you can do two things, either heat the wire then connect it to the circuit or you could just heat the wire while it is connected to the circuit.