• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Well because when we have flu or cold (viral infections), we don't take antibiotics because they are not effective (I know this).
A can't be the answer (what I think) because bacteria don't become immune to the antibiotics. Our body becomes immune to bacteria because of antibiotics (I know this is a weird explanation :p)

We don't take antibiotics in a viral infection so it's not a problem caused by using antibiotics.
Also, the bacteria does become resistant/immune to the antibiotic. :confused:

Reaction score
We don't take antibiotics in a viral infection so it's not a problem caused by using antibiotics.
Also, the bacteria does become resistant/immune to the antibiotic. :confused:
Ok. I know very little about Biology but,
Do bacteria become 100% immune to antibiotics? I think not because we use the same antibiotics over and over again but the antibiotic does affect the bacteria and help us feel better.
They're asking for problems of antibiotics, so, if they don't work on viral infections we have to create medicine and/or find ways to cure these infections that cannot be cured by antibiotics, this is a problem with antibiotics.

Reaction score
C is correct. Antibiotics can select resistant bacteria from a population with a diverse gene
pool, but cannot cause bacteria to become immune. Viruses are not affected by antibiotics.

Reaction score
Chemistry question,
so supposing a conical flask/burette has recently been used for titration and is washed out with acid/alkali, what steps are carried out before the flask/burette can be reused?

Reaction score
Ok. I know very little about Biology but,
Do bacteria become 100% immune to antibiotics? I think not because we use the same antibiotics over and over again but the antibiotic does affect the bacteria and help us feel better.
They're asking for problems of antibiotics, so, if they don't work on viral infections we have to create medicine and/or find ways to cure these infections that cannot be cured by antibiotics, this is a problem with antibiotics.

C is correct. Antibiotics can select resistant bacteria from a population with a diverse gene
pool, but cannot cause bacteria to become immune. Viruses are not affected by antibiotics.

Constant use of the same antibiotics for a certain bacteria can cause it to become resistant to the effect of the antibiotic. The bacteria develops mutations over time and after many generations the best bacteria i.e. the one resistant to the medicine is naturally selected- thus evolution(I'm not atheist whatsoever, this is in the syllabus :p). We can't see this change because it occurs after years of use. Also, the q says 'the problem of using antibiotics,' in the case of viruses we're not using antibiotics in the first place. :confused:

Reaction score
Constant use of the same antibiotics for a certain bacteria can cause it to become resistant to the effect of the antibiotic. The bacteria develops mutations over time and after many generations the best bacteria i.e. the one resistant to the medicine is naturally selected- thus evolution(I'm not atheist whatsoever, this is in the syllabus :p). We can't see this change because it occurs after years of use. Also, the q says 'the problem of using antibiotics,' in the case of viruses we're not using antibiotics in the first place. :confused:
THATS WHAT I THOUGHT BUT THN I THOUGHT THE MARKING SCHEME WUD BE RIGHT

Reaction score
why does it meet before retina. biology book by mary jones show that light converge at retina. Pls help.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    35 KB · Views: 16
Reaction score
why does it meet before retina. biology book by mary jones show that light converge at retina. Pls help.
because it never does. some weird clash b/w phy and bio but still, in bio light never converges at the retina; only a point before, so that a diminished, reversed and inverted image forms on the retina.

Reaction score
because it never does. some weird clash b/w phy and bio but still, in bio light never converges at the retina; only a point before, so that a diminished, reversed and inverted image forms on the retina.
u mean it is wrong in mary jones book?