• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
just working hard to get a distinction in Chem, although i am aiming for distinction in all the subs. i am still not really close to a distinction, like i still make stupid mistakes in MCQs but i do believe with more practice, i can get a distinction mark INSHALLAH

How to avoid those stupid mistakes? They always happen. ._.

Reaction score
How do you plan to get it? :p
i have thoroughly revised the syllabus, and have been on past papers
on solving them, i realised my weakness was my MCQs and worked on them ever since
with more practice, i seemed to get the hang of it, and am now much better ALHAMDULILLAH
i am hoping with more practice, the chances of error will further reduce
btw. do go to school. in school they provide u past papers, and although some of the crappy teachers transform the papers to an ugly countenance, it will still benefit u
plus u can somehow get away from xpc by spending time in school away from any form of interaction with xpc

Reaction score
How to avoid those stupid mistakes? They always happen. ._.
greater concentration on the paper, with more and more practice of it
also by solving really old past papers although i haven't started that yet
i have also realised that by reading books, ur concentration in what u do increases, and u tend to read the questions much more properly, thereby eliminating the chances of 'mis-reading' the question

Reaction score
i have thoroughly revised the syllabus, and have been on past papers
on solving them, i realised my weakness was my MCQs and worked on them ever since
with more practice, i seemed to get the hang of it, and am now much better ALHAMDULILLAH
i am hoping with more practice, the chances of error will further reduce
btw. do go to school. in school they provide u past papers, and although some of the crappy teachers transform the papers to an ugly countenance, it will still benefit u
plus u can somehow get away from xpc by spending time in school away from any form of interaction with xpc

So you get full marks in Paper 2? :O

Okay. That's a good idea. :)

Reaction score
i know u are absolutely right, but about the boring examiners thing, my teacher told me this and on solving past papers, i too realised it
in addition to this, my chemistry teacher is always making a fuss about chemistry being really easy and it has somehow instigated a feeling in me as well
i am not overconfident, but just working hard to get a distinction in Chem, although i am aiming for distinction in all the subs. i am still not really close to a distinction, like i still make stupid mistakes in MCQs but i do believe with more practice, i can get a distinction mark INSHALLAH
GOOD JOB... BUDDY.... BE PERFECT AND NO MISTAKES AT LEAST NOT SILLY MAN....!!!! I LIKED IT...

Reaction score
Then who's Richard Harwood? I've heard his book is quite detailed.

Idk Richard Harwood.

But Chemistry Insights sure is detailed. It has good explanation.
But like Biology matters, it has a lot of things missing.

And i've been studying Federal, it has all the points of the syllabus. Every single point is covered, except for a separate topic for ''Reversible Reactions''.

Reaction score
i have studied from a book by some singaporean dude and recently studied from fundamental chemistry
the fundamental book is amazing, written by Prescott, it contains every single detail required in the syllabus with explicit explanation

Reaction score
Whoa. Awesome.
How many years of Paper 2 and Atp have you done?
I mean, how many are required?
i dont really know
i mean i solved them haphazardly
at one time, i did only ATP, and did a hell of them both at school and at home
at one time, i did only theory, and recently did only MCQA

Reaction score
i have studied from a book by some singaporean dude and recently studied from fundamental chemistry
the fundamental book is amazing, written by Prescott, it contains every single detail required in the syllabus with explicit explanation

So you've got an excellent grasp on all the concepts in Chemistry. :p

Reaction score
Idk Richard Harwood.

But Chemistry Insights sure is detailed. It has good explanation.
But like Biology matters, it has a lot of things missing.

And i've been studying Federal, it has all the points of the syllabus. Every single point is covered, except for a separate topic for ''Reversible Reactions''.
YOU SHOULD READ BOOK OF ROGER NORRIS OF CAMBRIDGE INTERNATIONAL AS AND A LEVEL....