• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
What are the adaptations of neurones to their function?
Neurones require a lot of energy for transmission therefore it is surrounded by a neurilemma which provides nutrition to it. The neurones are also surrounded by a layer called the myelin sheath just an electrical wire is surrounded by an insulating layer. Myelin is made of fat, and it helps to speed transmission of a nerve impulse down a long axon. They have dendrites which make contacts with other neurones and transmits impulses through synapse. Neurones also differ with respect to their functions e.g sensory, motor and relay neurones.

Reaction score
Capture.png

^ The answer is C. Why? :O
Nabeel, can you please explain how is that C? The two polymers I've figured out are Nylon and polyester but which is the third one?

Reaction score
Nabeel, can you please explain how is that C? The two polymers I've figured out are Nylon and polyester but which is the third one?

The third one. Because it has the same NH2 and OH, which are at the end of Di-Alcohols and Di-amines.
Apparently, the monomer below can not react with the second monomer above, because two Carboxylic groups can not fuse together to liberate a water molecule.

This was a tricky question, that requires a clear understanding of the nature of linkages. I selected D, but i was wrong.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Neurones require a lot of energy for transmission therefore it is surrounded by a neurilemma which provides nutrition to it. The neurones are also surrounded by a layer called the myelin sheath just an electrical wire is surrounded by an insulating layer. Myelin is made of fat, and it helps to speed transmission of a nerve impulse down a long axon. They have dendrites which make contacts with other neurones and transmits impulses through synapse. Neurones also differ with respect to their functions e.g sensory, motor and relay neurones.
thnx alot

Reaction score
In excretion..do we hav to study abt al that loop of henle,glomulerus..bowmans capsule etc etc? its nt mentiond in sylllbs but sm say v hav to do sm say v dunt.cnfused!
Anyone?

Reaction score
In excretion..do we hav to study abt al that loop of henle,glomulerus..bowmans capsule etc etc? its nt mentiond in sylllbs but sm say v hav to do sm say v dunt.cnfused!
Anyone?
no u dont have to study
all u have to study are their names in case a figure pops out, and ultrafiltration and selective reabsoprtion

Reaction score
1. Notes ratto, I have my sir's notes which are perfect
2. Do Past papers with Mark schemes
3. Baqi Allah kay sapurd

Exactly as told to black widow, too bad he didnt like it :p
i never said i did not like it, i was at first appalled by someone who actually rattafied subs others than Islamiyat and Pak Studies in O Levels, and expressed my grudge against it, but later thought on the idea, and ... :D