• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
For this question, you were supposed to know that Iron Oxide can be electrolysed, too. I mean why can't it be electrolysed? It is an ionic compoud, with Iron and Oxide ions, arranged to form an ionic lattice. Iron Oxide can be melted, and then Molten Iron Oxide can be Electrolysed to get Oxygen at the Anode, Iron at the Cathode, but then why is the BLAST FURNACE used?

Chemists always look for ways to save energy. To save resources. That is why they found an easier way to Extract Iron, a method that does not require huge amounts of electricity. And that is the chemical reduction in the Blast Furnace.
Alright. Thanks.

Reaction score
thats what step 2 is for people :p
Angry-y-u-no-l.png

First step just ensure you know what to write in atleast 75% questions
Nae mananee baat to na mano, mujhay iss kee tankhwah nae milnee :p

What grade are you aiming for? :p

Reaction score
Endocrine glands secrete something (hormones) into the blood stream, and there is NO duct involved. That is the definition of endocrine function; ductless secretion.

Exocrine function is by definition secretion of something via a duct.

The pancreas gland makes insulin, glucagon, somatostatin, and pancreatic polypeptide, all of which are secreted into the blood stream without ducts, and are therefore endocrine hormones.

The pancreas also makes digestive enzymes, which are collectively known as pancreatic juice, and are secreted into the duodenum of the small intestine through a duct. Therefore, this is an exocrine function.

Reaction score
Endocrine glands secrete something (hormones) into the blood stream, and there is NO duct involved. That is the definition of endocrine function; ductless secretion.

Exocrine function is by definition secretion of something via a duct.

The pancreas gland makes insulin, glucagon, somatostatin, and pancreatic polypeptide, all of which are secreted into the blood stream without ducts, and are therefore endocrine hormones.

The pancreas also makes digestive enzymes, which are collectively known as pancreatic juice, and are secreted into the duodenum of the small intestine through a duct. Therefore, this is an exocrine function.

but exocrine glands secrete their secretions out of the body
i was asking what does the pancreas secrete out of the body?

Reaction score
but exocrine glands secrete their secretions out of the body
i was asking what does the pancreas secrete out of the body?
Not necessarily,as that concept is not right.Exocrine glands have DUCTS while endo- are ductless,thats the main difference not where they supply their secretions.

Reaction score
Not necessarily,as that concept is not right.Exocrine glands have DUCTS while endo- are ductless,thats the main difference not where they supply their secretions.
yes i do know that
but all exocrine glands secrete their secretions out of the body
take the sweat gland for example, it is an exocrine gland, and secretes sweat out of the body
Exocrine glands are glands that secrete their products (excluding hormones and other chemical messengers) into ducts (duct glands) which lead directly into the external environment.

Reaction score
yes i do know that
but all exocrine glands secrete their secretions out of the body
take the sweat gland for example, it is an exocrine gland, and secretes sweat out of the body
Exocrine glands are glands that secrete their products (excluding hormones and other chemical messengers) into ducts (duct glands) which lead directly into the external environment.
pancreatic juice genius :p
where does it go??

Reaction score
where does stuff from intestine go? (genius)^2 :p
in to the blood capillaries and lymphatic capillaries (genius)^2
let me just complete it
from there to the liver, and then to muscles.
so the secretion is still in the intestine, as enzymes remain chemically unchanged (genius)^3

Reaction score
let me just complete it
so the secretion is still in the intestine, as enzymes remain chemically unchanged (genius)^3

Well, i'm not much of a Biology-master, but Pancreatic Juice has enzymes which are not absorbed in the small intestine. They do their work in digestion, and the useful substances are absorbed through the small intestine. I don't think that includes Bile, or Pancreatic Juice, or any such secretion.

And Asadalam's previous post, clears everything up.

Reaction score
let me just complete it
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
the enzymes or bile are not absorbed they are removed out with faeces