• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Is fractional distillation and liquefaction of air the same thing?

No, liquefaction, as the name suggests is the process of converting the air into liquid state. Air is a mixture of gases, so by cooling the air down, we can condense the gases to liquid state. After they are in liquid state, the mixture of gases can be separated by Fractional Distillation, on the basis of their boiling points.

Reaction score
No, liquefaction, as the name suggests is the process of converting the air into liquid state. Air is a mixture of gases, so by cooling the air down, we can condense the gases to liquid state. After they are in liquid state, the mixture of gases can be separated by Fractional Distillation, on the basis of their boiling points.
Alright. Thanks. :)

Reaction score
What is the route of glucose as it travels from the small intestine to the arms?
Please help.
In small intestine re-absorption occurs and glucose is absorbed into the bloodstream by the aid of the microscopic projections called the villi. After reabsorption this blood moves on to the liver through the hepatic portal vein. This blood is rich in amino acids and glucose. Here deamination of proteins occur (the amino group is removed and it is converted into glucose). This deoxygenated blood moves to the heart by means hepatic vein that meets at the inferior vena cava and enter the right side if the heart. This blood is pumped to the lungs by means of pulmonary arc and reaches the lungs, here the blood is enrciched with oxygen and it returns to the heart through pulmonary veins. Then finally through aortic arch blood is pumped out of the heart and the subclavian artries take the heart to the actively respiring muscle cells in the arm.

Reaction score
I dont think theres anyone who's a master in physics.....
If it all you would have to go crazy to master that subject.
I am satisfied getting about 35 for paper 1, 65+ for paper 2 and at least 25 for atp:D

Lol, but i know someone on this website who is a Physics master. :p

Why is there a need to go crazy?
Normal humans beings do master the subject. It's no rocket science. Just Ordinary level, not even Advanced Level (A-Level).

Reaction score
I dont think theres anyone who's a master in physics.....
If it all you would have to go crazy to master that subject.
I am satisfied getting about 35 for paper 1, 65+ for paper 2 and at least 25 for atp:D
Does that score make an A*?
Or what is the minimum score required overall to get an A*?