• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Guys I need to know about magnification in bio! I want to know how to do it,how the questions propose we do it and everything related to it.Thankyou, help will be appreciated
You just need to state the magnification of the image using the formula image/ object.
Measure the length or width as per question requirement and the corresponding length of your image and then put these values into the formula. If the picture given in the paper has already been magnified, the magnification would have been stated use the formula Image/Object*magnification.
Always measure all the lengths in mm for accuracy.

Reaction score
Could someone please tell me if the physics (syllabus onnly) can be revised in 4 days? Please reply asap. Is magnetism actually as difficult as it looks?

I'm not sure how long it will take.Depend on how familiar you are with the syllabus.
And no magnetism isn't that hard. You just have to grasp a few laws and concepts..

Reaction score
Could someone please tell me if the physics (syllabus onnly) can be revised in 4 days? Please reply asap. Is magnetism actually as difficult as it looks?
Yes, it can surely be revised in four days.
What I actually feel is magnetism is the easiest of all, at least the MCQs are much less technical as compared to those from other parts of the syllabus.

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me how to do part c of the ON 2012 Physics 5054 paper 42
Kindly be more specific while asking.
I assume you're asking about part c of the last question. The normal drawn is wrong because the ray does not strike the mirror at angle of 90 to the surface infact it strikes the mirror at a different angle. Therefore the correct normal would be a tilted line that makes 90 angle with the prism.

Reaction score
Kindly be more specific while asking.
I assume you're asking about part c of the last question. The normal drawn is wrong because the ray does not strike the mirror at angle of 90 to the surface infact it strikes the mirror at a different angle. Therefore the correct normal would be a tilted line that makes 90 angle with the prism.

Oops. I'm extremely sorry what I meant was part c of the first question.
Sorry for t trouble.......:D

Reaction score
Its because the dead space(space behind the 0 indicator on the ruler) would also be included if we place it on the bottom of the tray so the reading would be inaccurate.We can fix that by measuring the dead space and subtracting it from the ruler reading from the tray to get an accurate result.

Reaction score
Its because the dead space(space behind the 0 indicator on the ruler) would also be included if we place it on the bottom of the tray so the reading would be inaccurate.We can fix that by measuring the dead space and subtracting it from the ruler reading from the tray to get an accurate result.
Sorry, forgot to reply.
He's right. There's a space before the zero which we always skip and start from zero while taking the readings, but in this case the ruler is placed below the liquid. So it can be measured separately and then subtracted from the total.

Reaction score
Sorry, forgot to reply.
He's right. There's a space before the zero which we always skip and start from zero while taking the readings, but in this case the ruler is placed below the liquid. So it can be measured separately and then subtracted from the total.

Thanks a ton!!

Reaction score
There's this chemistry 5070 MJ 011 Last question part g : the last part of the paper . How do I solve it? Plus while drawing graphs, not for chemistry only but for bio aswell , Is it necessary that the graph should pass through the origin. Of course Im talking about linear graphs/the straight line ones! Please answer ASAP as I have loaaads of papers to do Inshaa Allah.
May Allah grant us all with extremely easy papers and loads of A*s! AMEEN.

Reaction score
I need immediate help with physics ATP. PLEASE help me about how to use a set square theres this oct nov 2002 paper 6 first question. How do you arrange it with the ruler?

Reaction score
You just need to state the magnification of the image using the formula image/ object.
Measure the length or width as per question requirement and the corresponding length of your image and then put these values into the formula. If the picture given in the paper has already been magnified, the magnification would have been stated use the formula Image/Object*magnification.
Always measure all the lengths in mm for accuracy.
What about when they have given a magnification with figure eg at the side of the picture of microscopic slide x100 and then we make an image, so we calcalutae the mag by drawing size/ object x100?

Reaction score
What about when they have given a magnification with figure eg at the side of the picture of microscopic slide x100 and then we make an image, so we calcalutae the mag by drawing size/ object x100?
Not *100 all the time. It depends what the magnification of the picture is. You just have to multiply it by that number.

Reaction score
There's this chemistry 5070 MJ 011 Last question part g : the last part of the paper . How do I solve it? Plus while drawing graphs, not for chemistry only but for bio aswell , Is it necessary that the graph should pass through the origin. Of course Im talking about linear graphs/the straight line ones! Please answer ASAP as I have loaaads of papers to do Inshaa Allah.
May Allah grant us all with extremely easy papers and loads of A*s! AMEEN.
No, linear graphs need not to pass through the origin, it is only the directly propotional ones. The difference between the linear and directly propotional graph is that in graph of load against stretch, the spring initially has some length so even if for an increase of 1 Newton force, there is an increase of 1 cm in length. So this is a linear relationship, directly proptional is when force is 0 length of spring is also zero.
And for the question part you should know that black colour is not only a good absorber of a heat but a good radiator as well and shiny surfaces are poor radiators of heat. Therefore the liquid in tube A would cool down more quickly than that in tube B. The shape of the curve would be like this.

Attachments

• hh;l.png
    hh;l.png
    20.6 KB · Views: 6