• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
37- Cross I^0 1^a and I^a I^b, you'll get the answer. D
38- Albinism is recessive means, it only occurs when genotype is rr or there are two recessive alleles.
Mother and father are normal so possibilities are that they might be AA and AA both, AA or Aa and Aa and Aa. When AA and AA is crossed, all resulting genotypes are dominant therefore no albinism, even when AA and Aa is crossed again no albinims, but when Aa and Aa is crossed, the reslutng genotypes are AA, Aa, Aa, aa so albinims ocurs. Hence both parents are heterozygous dominant. So A.
39- Not during the product of egg cell, mutation at the time of fusion causes Down syndrome therefore all A, B and D are wrong. No more than one sperm fuses, only an extra chromosome so C.
40- C. Hh and hh are crossed, genotype resulting is Hh, Hh, hh, hh.
funky brat 39 A q likha hai ms mein :O mene b C guess kia tha par its A :O

Reaction score
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International O Level/Chemistry (5070)/5070_s12_qp_12.pdf
question 14, if A is the answer D also happens so why not D?
question 8, pehli bar suna hai, solid electrolyte se bhi bulb glow karta hai. -.- Book main clearly likha hai nahi. :/
Q14, rhtey ask which change ALWAYS takes place. color of solution doesnt necessarily fades always, like in purification of copper, color doesnt change, because the ions which are discharged on cathode, their deficiency is fulfilled by the ion being released in solution at anode.
Q8, hmmm... i dunno :p

Reaction score
Chemistry masters and everyone else, please?
Since amd has answered question 14, i will answer question 8
Who said electricity can be conducted in ionic compounds in the solid state. CIE at least in every paper asks this question;
Why is electricity conducted in aqueous NaCl and not in solid NaCl
The ans is liquid mercury
and it also says
LEAST BRIGHT