• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Q whats the difference between reflex arc ,reflex action and Spinal reflex?
and Is it that in every reflex action brain is not involved although the impulses do travel towards it but spinal cord coordinates the response?
Correct me if I'm wrong?
Reflex arc is the pathway taken by any reflex action.
Reflex actions can be of two types, 1- cranial reflexes 2- spinal reflexes
Cranial reflexes ocur in brain like pupil reflex etc, while sipnal reflex is knee jerk etc.
No, the reflexes such as pupil reflex etc, brain is invloved but not will.

Reaction score
Reflex arc is the pathway taken by any reflex action.
Reflex actions can be of two types, 1- cranial reflexes 2- spinal reflexes
Cranial reflexes ocur in brain like pupil reflex etc, while sipnal reflex is knee jerk etc.
No, the reflexes such as pupil reflex etc, brain is invloved but not will.
So how do we know when is spinal cord involved and not brain?
Q pathway for reflex in our syllabus is only that through dorsal root, grey matter then ventral route of spinal cord ?

Reaction score
So how do we know when is spinal cord involved and not brain?
Q pathway for reflex in our syllabus is only that through dorsal root, grey matter then ventral route of spinal cord ?
All reflexs in the head region are caused by brain, others by spinal cord.
I don't think because I haven't seen any cranial refllex diagram in book.

Reaction score
see, if we consider just the CO2 flow, B is the only one which intakes CO2, so of course B is producers/plants.
and if we consider organic compounds' flow, we see A and C both feed on plants, both are consumers. but, A feeds both on B (plants) and C (animals) that means A is omnivores. whereas, C feed only on plants, so definitely it's herbivores.

Reaction score
37- Cross I^0 1^a and I^a I^b, you'll get the answer. D
38- Albinism is recessive means, it only occurs when genotype is rr or there are two recessive alleles.
Mother and father are normal so possibilities are that they might be AA and AA both, AA or Aa and Aa and Aa. When AA and AA is crossed, all resulting genotypes are dominant therefore no albinism, even when AA and Aa is crossed again no albinims, but when Aa and Aa is crossed, the reslutng genotypes are AA, Aa, Aa, aa so albinims ocurs. Hence both parents are heterozygous dominant. So A.
39- Not during the product of egg cell, mutation at the time of fusion causes Down syndrome therefore all A, B and D are wrong. No more than one sperm fuses, only an extra chromosome so C.
40- C. Hh and hh are crossed, genotype resulting is Hh, Hh, hh, hh.