• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Not after each answer but it is with those answers specially graphs etc, where they accept +/- 1. I think.
C427PiZ.png

What does these mean? ^

Reaction score
What is the best way to wash the apparatus for titration? There was a n MCQ and the answer was first with tap water then with distilled water. Dark Destination, remember?
But question 8 part e says with solution H. :confused:
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International O Level/Chemistry (5070)/5070_w08_qp_4.pdf
During titration, to rinse the FLASK,
First rinse with tap water
Then rinse with distilled water

During titration, to rinse BURETTE
First rinse with water
Then with acid

Reaction score
Reaction score
Assalamu Walaikum,
I have a doubt on Biology MCQ as follows:
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International O Level/Biology (5090)/5090_s10_qp_11.pdf

For Question no 35 , the answer is D and the explanation in Examiners Report is
"Sperm deposited on day 10 will still be viable on day 13. Eggs ovulated on day 15 are still viable on
day 17, so the fertile period extends for 7 days."

I don't quite get it. After being viable on day 13 , sperms will die so how will they fuse with eggs ovulated on day 15. Moreover, even if not fused then the E.R means that it can even be fused in day 17 ! How is that possible?

Anyone please explain it to me?

Reaction score
Assalamu Walaikum,
I have a doubt on Biology MCQ as follows:
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International O Level/Biology (5090)/5090_s10_qp_11.pdf

For Question no 35 , the answer is D and the explanation in Examiners Report is
"Sperm deposited on day 10 will still be viable on day 13. Eggs ovulated on day 15 are still viable on
day 17, so the fertile period extends for 7 days."

I don't quite get it. After being viable on day 13 , sperms will die so how will they fuse with eggs ovulated on day 15. Moreover, even if not fused then the E.R means that it can even be fused in day 17 ! How is that possible?

Anyone please explain it to me?
See lets say the sperms are released on day 10
They will survive till day 13
The eggs are released on day 15. They will ovulate, and survive for 2 days, until day 17.
Now there is no sperms or eggs, thus the fertile period ends

Reaction score
funky brat explain me these three man
6. A . Esters have carboxylic acid first and then alcohol so you can see their names by the number of carbon atoms
7. A . We're making a polyAMIDE and theres only one option thats nylon
9.B . Its endo so temp of surroundings will decrease,but slowly return to normal as always.

Reaction score
6. A . Esters have carboxylic acid first and then alcohol so you can see their names by the number of carbon atoms
7. A . We're making a polyAMIDE and theres only one option thats nylon
9.B . Its endo so temp of surroundings will decrease,but slowly return to normal as always.
Won't 9 be A, as it is being constantly stirred until no further change in temp is there? If we stirred it and then left it, then it would have been B

Reaction score
See lets say the sperms are released on day 10
They will survive till day 13
The eggs are released on day 15. They will ovulate, and survive for 2 days, until day 17.
Now there is no sperms or eggs, thus the fertile period ends

If sperms survive till day 13 then how will they fuse with the egg released at day 15 ?
Thanks